Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't wanna!!!! Unreasonable beliefs and expectations

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:14 PM
  • 42 Replies
4 moms liked this

A string of posts has me horrified. Let me get this right...

It is unacceptable to ask your child to do chores.

It is unacceptable to ask your child ( who has a job) to contribute financially, or pay for anything.

It is unacceptable for older children to babysit.

It is unacceptable to ask grandparents to babysit their grand children.

Or

Grandparents have an obligation to care for their child and their grandchildren without any assistance or financial contribution. After all had they been better parents their children would be more self sufficient and would not need help.

It is unacceptable to spank or otherwise punish your child, you might hurt their feelings.

This is a free world you should be able to take your child where ever you want and no matter how they behave their behavior should be excused, after all they are children ... people need to be understanding.

Even more so if they have any kind of special need then the previously mentioned behavior can be even more extreme and society must endure because it is unacceptable to expect a special needs child to learn to cope or learn.

I do not want to see what these kids end up being like.  Teach you children respect and self worth, teach them to be responsible for their actions and for the love of god spend time with them and actually havea hand in how they turn out!!!

by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:16 PM

It is unacceptable to put any thought or effort into the opinions of how other people choose to raise their kids. I'm much too busy with my own kids without taking into consideration what other people think about how I go about things.

Outspoken.Mime
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:17 PM
5 moms liked this

Well this is why we have a generation of teens and young adults right now who don't think they have to do jack shit to get what they want.  I actually hate hiring in new interns or entry level positions, because these kids think they should get a medal for showing up to work on time.....and they piss their pants if they need to stay an hour late sometimes.

Its ridiculous.

Outspoken.Mime
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:18 PM
5 moms liked this

I think there are larger societal issues at work here though.  We are raising generations with no work ethic who think the world should be handed to them on a silver platter because they breathe.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

It is unacceptable to put any thought or effort into the opinions of how other people choose to raise their kids. I'm much too busy with my own kids without taking into consideration what other people think about how I go about things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:18 PM
I love every word you said . You and I my dear a few that think this way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:20 PM
You have a point until these kids grow up and are our future . That is the scary part .

Quoting OwlNuggets:

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:21 PM

Well yeah, when you're on a website with a concentric focus on parenting issues ALONE, you're going to see a higher concentration of negative examples of parenting whereas in the real world, I rarely come across a child or parent in the type of ridiculous scenarios that I read about on here.

The worst I've seen lately in reality is a lady with a toddler in a grocery store who was dumb enough to let him carry in a large bouncy ball and kept chasing it down for him and handing it back. xD

Quoting Outspoken.Mime:

I think there are larger societal issues at work here though.  We are raising generations with no work ethic who think the world should be handed to them on a silver platter because they breathe.

photo anigif_enhanced-buzz-7782-1364935841-8.gif
AVE SATANAS!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I think that's her whole point . Everyone of her concerns will go hand in hand to what it's going to look like in 20 years me me me

Quoting Outspoken.Mime:

Quoting OwlNuggets:

StephMosDef
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:21 PM

And this is why so many kids are turning into assholes who still live off mommy and daddy until they are 30.

krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:21 PM
Dun da dah daaaaa
Welcome to mc!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Gosh I see craziness Daily , it's really sad .

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Well yeah, when you're on a website with a concentric focus on parenting issues ALONE, you're going to see a higher concentration of negative examples of parenting whereas in the real world, I rarely come across a child or parent in the type of ridiculous scenarios that I read about on here.

The worst I've seen lately in reality is a lady with a toddler in a grocery store who was dumb enough to let him carry in a large bouncy ball and kept chasing it down for him and handing it back. xD

Quoting Outspoken.Mime:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)