Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sister-in-law talking s***..would you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 115 Replies

Should I say something to sister-in-law. Today my mom calls to tell me that she was upset. When I asked why she proceeded to tell me about the conversation she had with my brother over the phone. Mom called my brother this morning to ask him if he was comming to easter dinner this year on Sunday. He proceeded to tell her that he didn't have his kids for easter so more than likely not. She asked him what having his kids had to do with comming to easter dinner. He then tried saying that since him and his wife didn't have the kids for easter they planned dinner just the two of them. Mom said that was fine but told him that it upsets her because she hasn't heard from him in 4 1/2 weeks. No phone call, hasn't come by the house nor texted. She was hoping he'd at least show up for easter but now isn't. She procedded to say that she hasn't seen him since thanksgiving. That the only time he calls her is when he wants her to watch the kids. 

He got pissed off at mom and told her that he's just been busy working alot, his wife is working to and going to night school and visitation with the kids every other weekend. That if he had time to come by or call he would but he's just been to busy and she needs to understand. Her repsonse and in my opinon a good one was that if you've been so busy why have I seen post on facebook about you and your wife going out to dinner last week, going bowling afterwards and the week before that going out with your friends for drinks and shooting pool. His response before he hung up on her was that he's allowed to have a life and doesn't have to answer to her about everything he does. 

Well about 15 minutes after he hung up on her she got a texted from his wife that read, "I am sorry you feel like your not getting enough attention from Bobby and I but we are busy. I know that sounds like an excuse but it's the truth. between working, going to night school and visitation with the kids it's just hectic. I'm sorry if were not like Amy and Wayne (dh and I) who live two minutes away and have all the free time in the world to be up your a**.  Must be nice to be able to stay home and doing whatever you want all the time, but unfortunately that's not the case for us. If you want to get pissy because you think we're making excuses go ahead but I won't be around to care."

after I read that (she forwarded me the text) I was and am pissed. She's trying to say that me being a stay at home mom makes me lazy and I sit around all day and do whatever I want. That my mom isn't used to haviing kids that actually work. Excuse me but I am a full time mom to three boys, I run a business from home with my dh and I manage a household of 6. My dh bust his butt being the foremen for our remodeling company while I do all the book keeping, advertising, scheduling, ect.

My sister-in-law is a part time parent who sees her and my bother's kids every other weekend that's it. She works 5 days a week as a property manager for a small apartment complexe and just recently went back to school 3 weeks ago to get her real estate license. my brother works 5 days a week as a feild service tech for samsunge electronics. 

Should I say something to sister-in-law? if so how should I approach it?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JBiiirdD
by No Day but Today on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:50 PM
8 moms liked this
Stay out of it. Too much drama.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:52 PM
6 moms liked this
Just leave it alone. Your mom is just trying to get you involved in her drama by showing you that text. I can kind of see why your brother and SIL don't want to hang around much.
AmandH0611
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:53 PM
I would but I have a big mouth and a quick temper... Why do they not have their kids???
AngelSinger
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I sincerely doubt such a phone call would end well. Just don't talk to her. If she cares, she'll ask why and you can tell her you were hurt by her statements. Then the ball's in her court. Good luck.
Aislin
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:55 PM
2 moms liked this

I would probably tell her to keep my family out of her arguments in the future but I am really bitchy about that kind of stuff. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:56 PM
5 moms liked this
Your mother needs to cut the apron strings. Your brother is an adult with a life of his own if he choses to go bowling in his free time or hang out with his friends instead of hanging out with mommy it should be okay. Your mother should not get uptight about it L. And your mother should not be ttrying to put you in the middle of her high school drama
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Their kids 4 between the two of them (one is her's and 3 are his) reside with their exes. They see them every other weekend and every other holiday. 

Quoting AmandH0611: I would but I have a big mouth and a quick temper... Why do they not have their kids???

meganliz11
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I would say just vent and forget about them but i have a similar situation with an awful mother in law but everybody on here told me im wrong for not wanting that shit in my life. LOL the women on here are ass backwards
WesAndNicksMom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Your mom's wrong. He's making his family his priority and that includes spending time with his wife. I think she should have expressed that in a nicer way but they sound like they really are incredibly busy.
Hilary799
by Gold Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:59 PM
A lot of drama....I understand your mom's reasons for being upset. I would honestly block what you see from them on fb. That way you don't have to see what they're doing. That'll just piss you off more and you'll end up involved. For now, stay out of it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)