Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Daycare Provider is on Facebook All Day Long!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

Well, not mine, my kids are school aged.

My "friend" is a licensed home care provider through her state. She watches kids ranging from infants to 5 years old. She has two children herself; a 1.5 year old dd and a 9 month old ds. She is constantly posting pictures of her kids all day on facebook. She's one of those picture moms. She never has any of the other children in the pictures so I'm generally curious how she is watching the other kids if she's always playing photographer. How would you feel if she was watching your child?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:41 PM
Maybe the other parents don't want her posting pics of their children.
BeAmour
by Tonya on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:41 PM
I'd be irritated.
MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:43 PM
3 moms liked this
It takes like 5 seconds to upload a picture. And she probably doesn't post pictures of the other kids because they aren't hers. Doesn't mean they aren't all playing together, she just only posts the ones that only show her kids, rightly so.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:44 PM
I'd be worried.
misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:44 PM
A girl I went to school with does the same thing. She is always posting pictures or putting things on the yard sale pages. Plus she updates her status every hour. It doesn't bother me because it's not effecting my life at all but I have noticed that she's on more than I could be if I was babysitting 4 kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:45 PM

She's probably posting from mobile and it doesn't take long at all to do. She shouldn't be posting pictures of her daycare kids on FB so you shouldn't be up in arms about that..

shalynoel
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:48 PM

I see your point! I also know that I am typing this as we speak while taking care of my own kid and he's fine. Again, you're paying her to do a job and when I'm at work, I am not parading around facebook.

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

So many phones can just post pictures from there phone. Which takes about two seconds. My family calls me the picture queen. So I would love seeing all those pictures. As long as she has my permission. I'm fine with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:56 PM

i think it's way easier to do now that we have phones with cameras in them that are connected to facebook 24/7. it's not really taking away much attention if you sit the kids down to a snack and upload a photo. put the phone down, go play with the kids. they're doing something cute, pull the phone out of your pocket and snap a pic. not that we should be taking pics of our kids a million times a day, just...it's easier and not just someone sitting at the computer all day every day, ya know? (i'm not a fan of seeing a million pics a day of someone's kid either, just giving another perspective)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:57 PM

Im sure she is posting from her cell phone.. It doesnt really take long and even at daycares the employees are on their cell phones (trust me, i use to work as a daycare teacher). 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)