Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stop reorganizing the kitchen or I swear I will burn the house to the ground!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
My roommate has never cooked a meal in his life. I am the only person who cooks in the house. I have set it up in an organized manner that makes it easy on me. My stupid roommate keeps "helping" by reorganizing it. He has no idea how a kitchen flows or what can be combined. Today I have looked everywhere for the things I need to make dinner and I can't find anything. I literally cannot cook dinner and we only have one option since grocery day is tomorrow and we are low on everything. He poured the container of garlic salt that's been here since before I moved in into the container of garlic. I am extremely careful about how much sodium goes into DS's food and I had to dump his lunch because it was extremely salty. My roommate really doesn't understand that those two things are not the same thing.

It would be the equivalent of me going up and reorganizing his computer hardware. I have nothing but the most basic understanding of how they work so all I would end up doing is breaking his computer. He "breaks" my kitchen when he rearranges it. I would have to run all over the kitchen to find what I need. I put things where they are so I don't have to and know where everything is do I'm not trying to find something I need at the moment. I have asked him several times to knock it the fuck off and he keeps doing it. To make matters worse I started my period, have a headache, and feel like I want to throw up. I am in no mood for this shit today.

So I texted him that he can pick up dinner for everyone on his way home. I am on strike today.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
got2monsters
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:44 PM
Haha thatll teach him lol
katarina666
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:44 PM

Tell the man who obviously has a low IQ that if he does it again he can find another place to live. Hopefully in a group home that serves the mentally challenged!

csxt99
by Jennifer on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:45 PM

That would piss me off, too.  Have you asked him why he does it, not just tell him not to do it?

BrittSam2011
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Good for you. That's messed up. DH and I are cooks so we know what you mean, I would be super pissed if someone poured my dried dill in with my dried basil just because they think it looks similar. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:47 PM
Kick him out!
I'm pmsing
Don't mind me
3sillykids
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:47 PM

yeah, my DH does stuff like that. Not quite so bad though. He never cooks. I cook, and he usually does the dishes, which is great. However, I have no clue how he still doesn't know where anything goes, but he doesn't. So, he will just put it wherever, leaving me searching while cooking. Very frustrating!

loquaciousred
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Before he gets home i would rearrange his entire room. When he bitches say "well this is how i feel when you screw up my kitchen"
SexyBurlapSack
by Gold Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:51 PM

My ex learned the hard way to NEVER move my stuff. I'm very particular about where I put things, and he made the mistake of "reorganizing" my stuff when I was pregnant. 

Needless to say, that didn't end well. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:59 PM
He is one of those that is extremely intelligent in some area and a complete idiot in others. Unfortunately he thinks he knows everything about everything. There are days that I am so happy to have around and others where I want to choke him out, kwim?

Quoting katarina666:

Tell the man who obviously has a low IQ that if he does it again he can find another place to live. Hopefully in a group home that serves the mentally challenged!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 14, 2014 at 5:00 PM
I have and he says because he doesn't like where things are. I do think he might be OCD.

Quoting csxt99:

That would piss me off, too.  Have you asked him why he does it, not just tell him not to do it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)