Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My kitty is stuck in the bed! Shes out :)

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:43 PM
  • 18 Replies

I got two kittens from a rescue, the rescue said it was normal for cats to hide at first when they are in a new place, and so I couldn't find them, and when I looked under my bed they were in a piece of the material below the bed sleeping. So I just left them there. One of them came out (the less shy of the 2) and I still hadn't saw the other one since yesterday. I looked under the bed, she wasn't there. She likes to hide tho, she has quite a few hiding spots. I was laying in the bed with DD (Its DDs bed) and I heard the cat meowing quietly. Its inside the boxsprings, tangled up in the springs...It doesn't appear to be hurt...but its stuck. I'm the only one home until 6pm and I don't have wire cutters...I really don't know what to do. I can't just leave her in there even longer. Shes really scared...

She can't get out. I know the holes look big enough, but she can't / won't put her body through them. She can barely move up there. 

Any ideas?! :(

I put the mattress up against the wall, and was able to help her move her paws and head and got her out. Now shes cuddled up in my lap :) 

I was freaking out lol. 

by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TallChic
by Stacey on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:45 PM
Put some food down and leave the room... She will come out
AKDlove
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Quoting TallChic: Put some food down and leave the room... She will come out

I put food below the bed, she hasn't moved since 11 this morning. Her meow sounds all weird now, thats why i'm getting more concerned now that she has barely moved and hasn't came out yet.

SendMeBabyDust
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:47 PM
BUMP
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:47 PM
Aww poor kitty :(

Do you have a neighbor who may have wire cutters?
TallChic
by Stacey on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:48 PM
Put some tuna down... Cats are stubborn but she will eventualy come down. Cats are nimble animals and rarely are stuck

Quoting AKDlove:

I put food below the bed, she hasn't moved since 11 this morning. Her meow sounds all weird now, thats why i'm getting more concerned now that she has barely moved and hasn't came out yet.

JackAttacks
by Angel on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:50 PM
Poor kitty. Wire cutters
Benjamins-mama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:50 PM

I would talk to the neighbors.  Do you have any way of leaving the house and buying some?

katarina666
by Gold Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Turn the bed over and pull her out those springs will give a little.your going to have to glue fabric to those holes to get them to stay out. My two rescue kittys hid inside my hide a bed couch for three days when I first got them. Drove me nuts. Now that I've had themfor 8 months they drive me nuts chaseikng each other around ,and getting into stuff an knocking stuff down. Little shits! I wouldn't trade their furry butts for anything. They have me wraped around their paws!

AKDlove
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:51 PM

I will try that. I'm just worried about her. Shes only 8 weeks old and has been bottle fed since she was born so she never had the mom to teach them the right way to do stuff and yeah i'm not really a cat person, so i don't know much about them.

Quoting TallChic: Put some tuna down... Cats are stubborn but she will eventualy come down. Cats are nimble animals and rarely are stuck
Quoting AKDlove:

rhiannonaisling
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Check with the neighbors or call the fire departments non emergency number to see if they can help. Also get a large enough piece of  cardboard or plywood to prevent this happening again. Another option is to go to the store and buy wirecutters. Or you can sit there with her and feed her by hand and hold water for her to drink until someone else gets home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN