Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You have no right to tell me what I can and cannot do with MY daughter!

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:50 PM
  • 281 Replies
2 moms liked this
As some of you know already ky kids have been living with my ex husband the past year due to severr , almost fatal medical issues I had at the beginning of the year. They are flying home in June to resume living with me as their custodial parent. My exh and I agreed on this and have a co stating it as well.

OK now that the background has been taken care of my dd turned 13 while at her dads this year. I set her up her own cupboard in the bathroom with a razor and shaving cream, bath stuff, tampons, some light makeup...girly stuff. I was telling her dad about what I had set up so far and sent a pic for my daughter to see. Later I received a text from his fiance stating some pretty horrible stuff.

She stated that my dd was not old enough to shave her legs or use tampons and that by buying her adult bath products I was setting her up to have low self esteem. Seriously lady I just bought the girl some calgon and some body spray. I don't get how looking and smelling good will effect her self esteem negatively.

I understand that when I was in a coma and it wasn't known if I would survive she stepped up into a more active parent role and I do appreciate that. Am I wrong in being offended by her taking it upon herself to tell me how I should parent my children simply because I fell ill and dad had to step up for a period of time?

I haven't responded to her specificly aside from asking my exh if he sees an issue with allowing her to start shaving and wear makeup. He said I'm her mother and that ball is in my court. I am kind of in shock because I've never had an issue of any sort with her now I feel she is way overstepping her boundaries with my children and I.

Sorry so long I just really had to vent somewhere. Bottom line is these are my children and I will parent them how I see fit. She is entitled to her opinions but I will not tolerate her expressing them in such a disrespectful and attacking manner.
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:52 PM
3 moms liked this

Just communicate directly with your daughter or her father. 

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:55 PM
17 moms liked this

13 is definitely not too young to be shaving and using fun foofy soaps and lotions. I was still 13 when I started high school.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:55 PM
16 moms liked this

I wouldn't respond, nor would I respond to anything she has to say.  Communicate with your ex.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:56 PM
10 moms liked this
She thinks shes mom now bc she counted on you not surviving so she could have your ready made family. I wouldnt tolerate that from her even if she did help w the kids.
livric
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:59 PM
4 moms liked this
Yeah she is overstepping the line. On a happy note you must be so excited! !! :)
diesel_darling
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:59 PM
4 moms liked this
13 isn't to young imo. Maybe for tampons but that just me. Your kid, your call. Whatever.

You should tell her exactly what you posted in your last paragraph.
katyusha42
by Metal Kitty on Apr. 14, 2014 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this
That is what I have been doing since that happened. I'm trying not to take it personally. She's already stated that my dd will not be allowed to shave, wear makeup, or use tampons (which I really don't get) at their home when my daughters there on visits and I guess I will just have to prepare my dd for there to be different rules at the different households. I guess if my exh is in agreement on the rules in their home I have very little say in it anyways.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Just communicate directly with your daughter or her father. 

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 14, 2014 at 5:01 PM
5 moms liked this
She's overstepping. You should talk to your ex about how you expect HIM to handle things like that.
Closet_Case
by Gold Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't respond, nor would I respond to anything she has to say.  Communicate with your ex.

katyusha42
by Metal Kitty on Apr. 14, 2014 at 5:04 PM
6 moms liked this
I am super excited! I am counting down the days! :) It is my greatest hope we will be able to continue to raise our children with their best interests first and foremost in our minds.

Quoting livric: Yeah she is overstepping the line. On a happy note you must be so excited! !! :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN