Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Brain trauma

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:53 AM
  • 33 Replies
So the beginning of March I had a really bad fall out of bed. The night started with me, DH, and DS having dinner at my mom's. We got home around 9pm. I told DH I felt pretty bad and was going to bed. About 4 hours later DH heard a really loud bang. We have hardwood floors in our bedroom. He looked over and noticed I feel out of bed a cracked my head wide open. He called my mom who came and got us. Rushed me to the hospital. They found out I had a shunt malfunction in my sleep. Which caused me to fall out of bed. They transferred me to a better hospital via ambulance. I coded twice in ambulance. Them they.got me to the second hospital. As they were shaving my head for surgery I coded three more time. I was in the hospital for two days. The night I came home the same thing happened. I feel out of bed. My mom and DH rushed me to the hospital again. They said I had a subdermal hematoma. I was almost dead then and just barely got to the hospital in time. I woke up two days later. No memory of any surgery. I actually thought in was in the hospital because I had a baby. My DS is 17 BTW. So finally they told me what happened and I was confused. I still have memory problems and I had to learn to talk again. I have to use a walker because I also had to learn to walk again. I'm still recovering. Dr's aren't sure how long it will take me to be 100% again. I find myself crying a lot out of frustration. I have become a lot more depressed. I have to have a nurse visit me once a week. And they're setting me up with speech therapy to learn to talk normal. On top of physical therapy to help me walk. I spent a week in rehab learning the basics. Please pray things start getting much better for me
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:55 AM
Praying for a speedy recovery. Sorry you are going through this.
UpsideDown
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:56 AM

Prayers for you, hun. I can only imagine your struggle. 

graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:56 AM
Thanks

Quoting Anonymous: Praying for a speedy recovery. Sorry you are going through this.
graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:56 AM
Thanks

Quoting UpsideDown:

Prayers for you, hun. I can only imagine your struggle. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:58 AM
When you have to learn how to talk again, is it just the physical act of talking? Because you type well enough,so you didnt have to re learn wprds or anything? That numust be SO FRUSTRATING
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:59 AM
(((Hugs)))
graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 3:00 AM
Very because I know what I want to say but have trouble speaking clear sentence and thoughts

Quoting Anonymous: When you have to learn how to talk again, is it just the physical act of talking? Because you type well enough,so you didnt have to re learn wprds or anything? That numust be SO FRUSTRATING
vamaria
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 3:00 AM

Hugs!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 15, 2014 at 3:00 AM
Hugs!
Did you have any signs? Headaches or anything?
graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 3:01 AM
Thanks

Quoting vamaria:

Hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)