Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this a celiac rash?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

Mobile Photo

What do you think? I've been suffering with this rash for years and years now. I've seen quite a few drs and none have really been able to pinpoint what it is. A few years ago I was tested for celiac because my aunt found out she had it and then several family members also found out when they were tested. I was only given a blood test but it was negative. Idk if I should pursue this more or just give up and live in this embarrassing misery for the rest of my life. It is also on my arms. It never goes away. It flares up worse than this quite often but this is what I consider tame.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 15, 2014 at 5:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 15, 2014 at 5:43 AM

Mobile Photo

Another picture. It is actually a lot more red than the pictures show.
Snakecharm
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 5:48 AM
You could have a sensitivity to gluten without having celiac. There isn't really a test for that other than give up gluten for a month or two and see if it clears up. Then you will have your answer. It's a healthy diet as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 15, 2014 at 5:50 AM
I do know I'm allergic to wheat so I've eliminated that. But a nutritionist I saw told me gluten and wheat are different so I've never gone full fledged gluten free.

Quoting Snakecharm: You could have a sensitivity to gluten without having celiac. There isn't really a test for that other than give up gluten for a month or two and see if it clears up. Then you will have your answer. It's a healthy diet as well.
Snakecharm
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 5:58 AM
Well it certainly couldn't hurt to try it.

Doesn't cost anything to not eat certain foods... And ESP with a family history of it... Perhaps you just don't have a sever case.

Quoting Anonymous: I do know I'm allergic to wheat so I've eliminated that. But a nutritionist I saw told me gluten and wheat are different so I've never gone full fledged gluten free.

Quoting Snakecharm: You could have a sensitivity to gluten without having celiac. There isn't really a test for that other than give up gluten for a month or two and see if it clears up. Then you will have your answer. It's a healthy diet as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 15, 2014 at 5:58 AM
That's very true.

Quoting Snakecharm: Well it certainly couldn't hurt to try it.

Doesn't cost anything to not eat certain foods... And ESP with a family history of it... Perhaps you just don't have a sever case.

Quoting Anonymous: I do know I'm allergic to wheat so I've eliminated that. But a nutritionist I saw told me gluten and wheat are different so I've never gone full fledged gluten free.

Snakecharm
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 6:00 AM
I would say try it for a month... If that's what it is, it will be cleared up by bathing suit weather. ;)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)