Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If he was a horse they would just shoot him...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
DH had shoulder surgery last week. This is the 4th surgery he had had in the past ten years. He has asthma, high blood pressure, high liver enzymes, etc etc etc.

I am doing EVERYTHING for him and I am so fucking tired. He wakes me up every 3 hours to change his ice pack and then he falls right back to sleep, but I have to get up and fetch things so I can't. And he woke DD up the last time at 4:30.

And my car is in the shop so I can't even escape the house and regroup. I'm actually sitting here daydreaming about putting a pillow over his face. I ALWAYS end up taking care if him, but it has never been and will never be my turn.

Please please take it easy on me. I know that this is bitchy but I'm so tired my eyes are burning and I can barely function.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 15, 2014 at 5:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
livric
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 6:00 AM
Im so sorry mama that really sucks!! Does he at least appreciate what you do for him??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 15, 2014 at 6:03 AM
Not even tiny bit.
It's my own fucking fault. I'm a nurturer, and it has turned him i. To completely useless turd. Even his own mother gets disgusted by how much he takes me for granted.

Quoting livric: Im so sorry mama that really sucks!! Does he at least appreciate what you do for him??
Snakecharm
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 6:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Put some ice packs in a cooler on his side of the bed.
livric
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 6:06 AM
Well maybe it is time for you to stop. If you realise you are enabling jim. Take steos to correct it. Good luck :) and hugs mama

Quoting Anonymous: Not even tiny bit.
It's my own fucking fault. I'm a nurturer, and it has turned him i. To completely useless turd. Even his own mother gets disgusted by how much he takes me for granted.

Quoting livric: Im so sorry mama that really sucks!! Does he at least appreciate what you do for him??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 15, 2014 at 6:07 AM
Smart idea

Quoting Snakecharm: Put some ice packs in a cooler on his side of the bed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 15, 2014 at 6:10 AM
I could give it a try, but opening a cooler one handed and getting the ice packs into the sleeve that wraps around his arm seems unlikely.

egyptian_mommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 6:11 AM
My advice is stop. Stop doing every little thing for him. His surgery was on his shoulder. His legs were not affected and he can get his own lazy ass up and fetch. Stop waiting on him hand and foot and let him man up or he's not going to stop taking advantage of you. .
Snakecharm
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 6:13 AM
He's a big boy... He'll figure out a way. And even if he needs help with that, it's better than you getting up and walking to the kitchen. Buoy would have a better chance of getting back to sleep. Have him practice doing it in the daytime so it's easier at night.

Quoting Anonymous: I could give it a try, but opening a cooler one handed and getting the ice packs into the sleeve that wraps around his arm seems unlikely.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN