Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm taking my kids out of Public Schools for an Online education

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 163 Replies
2 moms liked this

I am enrolling my kids in k12.com online public school next year.  The public school they attend now (like most of them) are a joke.  They are full of bullies and teachers who only care about the next salary raise.  My children are neither bullies or bullied but their classes are constantly disrupted by one of them. If it's not the bullies it is the special needs children.  I completely understand that they are like any other child and deserve to be in the classroom but they also constant disrupt in the learning flow.  Bless their hearts but they need to have their own special space for learning.

My children are worried about their friends and I assured them that they can still be in touch with their friends and make regular times to hang out.  I also reminded them that school isn't about friends it's about learning which neither of them are making any progress at.  What kid could learn with these low public school standards! 

So goodbye to the useless public school, system I would like to say it has been fun but it has been a nightmare!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:49 AM
11 moms liked this

So you are bemoaning the "low public school standards" and enrolling them in public school on-line?  Well bless their hearts, at lesat they will have their own special space for learning - at home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:03 AM
Don't do it ....worst mistake ever. We did this for one of my sons and they don't learn anything.
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:07 AM
7 moms liked this

LMAO

You really think teachers are only in it for the money? LMAOMore

Here where I work, we haven't gotten a raise in all the time I've been a teacher- 5 years, and we have an extremely low turnover rate. 

You are so delusional regarding what motivates most teachers to stay in the profession. I GUARANDAMNTEE you it's NOT the money or "perks". 

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:09 AM
3 moms liked this

"Bless their hearts".....Southern for, "fuck you".....Very sincere.

imthatgirl0607
by Ruby Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:15 AM
2 moms liked this

lol, "teachers who only care about the next salary raise"...ha ha ha ha, now thats funny.

I live in an amazing state for public education, so we take every advantage of it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

This is our second year with a school that uses the K12 curriculum, and we love it.   It is, however,  a public school with all the same requirements of other public schools.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:22 AM
2 moms liked this

Oh you are one of those. Because YOUR public school sucks they all must? Good job with your far reaching generalizations. Maybe your online curriculum will teach you about logic and probability?

elizabooks
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Good luck. This will be a bit more complicated than you realize.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:45 AM
2 moms liked this

You're in a special kind of denial if you're talking about the public education system in Massachusetts!

Quoting imthatgirl0607:

lol, "teachers who only care about the next salary raise"...ha ha ha ha, now thats funny.

I live in an amazing state for public education, so we take every advantage of it.

imthatgirl0607
by Ruby Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

We're no 1 in the country for both math and comprehension.  My kids have always gone to amazing schools. 

I guess it's possible that there are a few lesser quality schools here to, that would make perfect sense. We've just always given our kids the best. 

Quoting Anonymous:

You're in a special kind of denial if you're talking about the public education system in Massachusetts!

Quoting imthatgirl0607:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)