Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Parents of kids with wavy hair

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:27 AM
  • 40 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

All of my other boys have had perfectly straight hair. As Raymond's hair is getting longer, it is starting to show more and more signs of waving/curling, but the first several inches is perfectly straight.

If I let it grow long, will it likely continue to get wavier/curlier? I want to grow it out some of it will be wavy and have body. If it is just likely to stay pretty straight, I want to keep it short.
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bethieboo88
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:29 AM
I don't know. This looks exactly like my dds hair. I'd like to know lol.
TrouserMouse
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:31 AM
We are in the "is it time for the first haircut" debate? If it will be cute longer, I will let it grow a bit. If not, I'm ready for his first little boy cut. :)

How old is your daughter?

Quoting bethieboo88: I don't know. This looks exactly like my dds hair. I'd like to know lol.
lovemyhoney19
by Gold Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:32 AM
My 17 month old (girl) has hair like him! Except blondish and longer but only the ends are wavy. As it grows, the ends stay that way but up top it's really straight. My oldest has such straight hair that her bows and hair ties slide off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
codfish
by Gold Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:32 AM
My hair, and my kids, is straight until about our ears. From there is it curl central!
bethieboo88
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:32 AM
19 months. Hers is still growing curly like that, but the top is straight.

Quoting TrouserMouse: We are in the "is it time for the first haircut" debate? If it will be cute longer, I will let it grow a bit. If not, I'm ready for his first little boy cut. :)

How old is your daughter?

Quoting bethieboo88: I don't know. This looks exactly like my dds hair. I'd like to know lol.
Heisenberg
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes it will get curlier, but if you cut it....the curls may go away. There is no way to tell if they are baby curls or not. 

dipsetgrl06
by Ruby Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:34 AM
My sons hair was like that. The longer it grew the curlier it got.
TrouserMouse
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:34 AM
That's what I'm wondering. If it's only likely to stay wavy at the ends, I don't really want to continue to let it grow. If he were a girl, I'd be more up for experimenting with length.

Quoting lovemyhoney19: My 17 month old (girl) has hair like him! Except blondish and longer but only the ends are wavy. As it grows, the ends stay that way but up top it's really straight. My oldest has such straight hair that her bows and hair ties slide off.
dipsetgrl06
by Ruby Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:34 AM
Oh and be careful if you do cut it, you may lose the curls and they won't come back.
CrimsonGrace
by Gold Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:34 AM
It is probably baby curls, once you cut it and they are gone, they typically don't have wave or curl (or not as much). My friend's daughter had precious ringlet curls, they cut her hair for the first time when she was 4, her hair is almost completely strait now :/ her curls were so adorable! Anyways, the hair that was closer to the scalp was what her hair texture was from then on.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)