Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my mom thinks im a bad mom because

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
I am a working mom.
When I had my first son I was a sahm but she pushed me to get a job because she would say i was doing nothing with my life. It was true so I found a job. She agreed to babysit for me and I would pay her. Now That I have 2 children she Lives with me rent and bills free. All I want in return is for her to take care of my children. The oldest one goes to preschool so she only has him for 3 hours and she doesnt have tk go pick hin up. I still pay her but not every week. I give her as much as I can. Well just recently she keeps saying im a bad mom because I work from 8:30am to 5:30pm. She has told me that I have no idea what it's like to STRUGGLE with my kids. Today she told me she refuses to tske care of my kids on sundays so I will need to request those days off. I understand she is probably frustrated of because she is older and probably even tired of taking care of her grand kids. This broke my heart. I love my kids abd it is because of them that I am working. I want to have them in a nice home with food and clothes. I want to have a savings account for them to Benefit from when its time for college. I would love to afford all this and not work but its not possible. I am now looking for another babysitter because its clear That she does not want to do it anymore. I just feel so confused I thought she wanted me to work and she is the one who offered to move in with me. She said it would be best that way I wouldnt have to take my kids out of their beds so early. But what confuses me most is does she still get to live with me for free? I wouldnt charge my mom rent but I cant say my husband will want to have her there still. Any advice will be welcomed. Thanks
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 15, 2014 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 15, 2014 at 4:07 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 15, 2014 at 4:45 PM
Bump
Anonymous
Bump
Anonymous
Bump
suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 4:46 PM

My mom thinks I am a failure cause I don't work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 15, 2014 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

How else does she contribute to the family?  I would tell her that she can either pay rent or help care for the children FOR FREE.  We all understand that she is getting older but that is no excuse not to carry her weight around the household.   If she wanted to retire from any work at all she should have gone to a senior living place.

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 4:48 PM

Sounds like your mother is a little bit unstable..

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Don't let her watch your children anymore, have her start contributing to household expenses, and use the extra money for a good babysitter.

GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on Apr. 15, 2014 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this
It's not your job to support your mom. She can either help out or move out.
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 4:49 PM
Kick her ass out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)