Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Yes, I breastfed your child. Get over it!! eta 2 in blue

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 362 Replies
5 moms liked this

Monday -Friday I babysit my neice (my bio sisters daughter). Her daughter and my ds are 2 weeks apart in age and my neice is bottlefed. My ds is not, he's breastfed.

I have no issues with formula feeders. To each their own. However I do expect my sister to provide her own formula and our babies are 3 months old.

Well my sister did not provide formula for the first time today. I tried to call her to let her know. I sent her text messages, email, and did the same with my brother in law. I do not have the car today as DH's car is in the shop and he took my car to work. I do not live within walking distance. By this point, my neice is HUNGRY and I felt I had no other option. I pumped her some breastmilk and she took it just fine.

Now my sister is pissed and posting all over fb how I like to force my breastfeeding ways onto others by breastfeeding HER child. I have yet to respond to any of her posts and she will not listen to reason.

What would you do had you been in her shoes? What would you do in my shoes? Thoughts? Opinions? Yes, I know I'm going to get bashed. Fire away!

**eta** I've been reading the responses (I'm up to page 13 soo far) and I just greatly appreciate the support you ladies provided. I do want to clear up one thing, I call it breastfeeding even if it is pumped based on where it came from. I did not mean for it to sound like I put her dd up to my breast and gave her straight from the source.

As for the comment about offering baby food. Let me gently remind you that she is only 3 months old. Same age as my DS and while I don't go to the dr appt with my neice, I know my dr for ds has not yet recommended baby foods yet. Maybe due to difference of what he's eating?

For the questions or responses about diseases, I do have a clean bill of health. While my sister is not aware of my medical history, she knows I wouldn't do it in the chance of passing something to DS and he's healthy as a horse!

Lastly, yes I believe my sister made an honest mistake because we have all made a parenting fail at some point. Lord knows I have with my older kids. I once forgot to pack wipes, I've forgotten diaper.. have yet to forget my boobs so we're good there!! LOL! My choice to breastfeed is not meant to sound like I was putting my sister down for not doing so, as I said to each their own. I think she has reasons for not bf'ing due to not producing enough mik because that was her issue a few years ago with her first born. Now we do not talk about it with her dd. I don't need to know.

SO I'm off for a few to feed my baby boy. He's going to start hollering here shortly lol

ETA 2

I just responded with this "DH went out and got formula just incase after dinner tonight. Said he'd rather curb the drama of my sister than to see us both get hurt over this." I guess going forward, we will just need to keep a spare on hand for those just incase moments. I am still going to watch my neice as I do not feel it's appropriate to turn away my family, ecspecially an innocent baby. We shall see what tomorrow brings.  oh and damn ladies... 32 pages?? LOL

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 15, 2014 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Police on Apr. 15, 2014 at 7:23 PM
2 moms liked this
You pumped, right? That's no big deal.
petitekatie
by Gold Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 7:23 PM
4 moms liked this
I would have done what you did.
zacmacsmomm
by Gold Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 7:23 PM
10 moms liked this

I would have done the same thing, she should be thanking you and feeling stupid for forgetting formula

Momoftwinkies
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Baby had to eat. It wouldn't bother me if it was my sister.
autiemama516
by Gold Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Heres a bump. I don't know what I would do. I bet you are going to be pretty engorged soon. Ouch

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 7:25 PM
What else were you supposed to do?
AugustMomma
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 7:25 PM
I would have probably done the same
mommyofblueyes
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have pumped too.  What other option did you have?  Your sister should be grateful you didn't let her poor child starve.

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 7:25 PM
5 moms liked this
I'd tell her I'd have preferred to not have to use my milk stock but since she didn't leave anything to feed her child that was my only choice. Would she prefer her child go hungry? Give me a break.
poietes
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this
You did the right thing. I would be telling her to find new arrangements for childcare if it upsets her so much.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)