Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does anyone read tarot cards?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

Mobile Photo

I've been trying to learn to read cards and my question was is "my husband and I would get back together" and I'm kinda confused on my spread it doesn't look good tho does it? Can you help me?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:21 PM
My dear, tarot cards, in my learning are not meant to answer yes or no questions, they give direction when one is at a crossroads. It is also advisable not to do a reading for yourself as they are rarely clear in what they are trying to tell you or suggest. Your spread is confusing as it is a reading done om yourself with a questiom they really can give no answer.

As far as learning, what I found worked for me is to find a deck I felt bonded, connected, and drawn to first. I then took a journal, wrote the meaning of the card and the reverse meaning, as it is written in the book, along with my personaly interpertation of the card.
Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

The Tarot should not be used as a magic eight ball. Think of life as a path in a deep dark woods. Tarot is meant to be used as a light to help you find the path.  

What I see here is quite a big of futility, a bit of one sidedness, and someone is going to end up worse for wear if you follow the path your were meditating on while drawing the cards.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)