Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If Your Kids Ask You Questions About Your Life When They Grow Up,

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:51 PM
  • 75 Replies

Will you tell them everything? Will you leave some things out, even if they ask you or will you not tell them the truth? How old will your kids be, before you talk to them about your life?

by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
malissaL
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Depends what they ask, exactly..
DixieL
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:53 PM

My son is twenty eight, and he knows everything about my life. If there is something he doesn't know, I would tell him that. I don't hide anything from him. I'm an open book, to my son and daughter-in-law.

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:53 PM
4 moms liked this
Oh, I'll be leaving out tons of shit.

What she doesn't know won't hurt her.

And I'm only offering info when she asks...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't believe in straight out lying but I do give age appropriate responses to the questions that my kids ask, which sometimes means leaving out some of the details.
curvygurl1912
by Renee on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
There are some things I will never tell my dd because it would just upset her. I can tell her most things, but certain details will be left out.
tlcory
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this

This, my kids are 27 and 22 and know everything, you know through the years age appropriate things to tell them, it's not like sitting down one day and spilling the beans just through the years different things have come up and I've told them my experiences. 

Quoting DixieL:

My son is twenty eight, and he knows everything about my life. If there is something he doesn't know, I would tell him that. I don't hide anything from him. I'm an open book, to my son and daughter-in-law.

Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have anything to hide, so if they ask, I'll tell.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I worry about that day. They'll ask why they never hear from my parents.. right now they're little and I told them they live far away. I don't want my kids to know that my family is completely fucked up and abused me.
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this

There's part of my life no one but me knows and it's going to stay that way. There were thngs I told them growing up, but now for the most part I'm a listener when we talk as they tell me whats going on with my grandkids and their lives.

Hoppers33
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I haven't done much that I couldn't tell them, I'm boring. The only thing off limits will probably be my sex life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)