Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Father Reportedly Threw 2-Month-Old Head First Into Bassinet

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

i don't normally use the term 'stupid nigger' but in this case, it fits

Father Reportedly Threw 2-Month-Old Head First Into Bassinet

By Ari Mason and Staff Reports
|  Wednesday, Apr 16, 2014  |  Updated 6:57 AM EDT

Marcus Rooks faced a judge today after he was arrested for reportedly assaulting his 2-month-old daughter.

Hartford police have charged a father with the assault of his 2-month-old daughter.

The little girl was taken to the hospital in critical condition Monday and her father, Marcus Rooks, 32, of Manchester, was arrested today.

Police arrived at 798 Capitol Avenue around 1:15 p.m. Monday after receiving the report of an unresponsive infant. The child was taken to Connecticut Children's Medical Center with life-threatening injuries, according to police.

On Tuesday, police obtained a warrant charging Rooks with the assault of the infant. He was taken into custody and charged with first-degree assault and risk of Injury to a minor.

Bond was set at $1 million and the investigation is ongoing.

Detectives worked through the night and police said there was an unrelated outstanding arrest warrant charging Rooks with third-degree assault. He was taken into custody, interviewed and police obtained the additional warrant this morning.

The baby's great uncle, Ronald McNair, said Rooks was supposed to be taking care of the girl.

"My niece said she left [the baby] with the father while she was at work," McNair explained.

According to the second arrest warrant, Rooks admitted the child was crying and lost control, throwing her head-first into a bassinet. Investigators said the infant was unresponsive for hours and Rooks never reported it or called for help.

The child's mother dialed 911 when she arrived home from work and realized the baby was in trouble.

Police said the 2-month-old has injuries to her head and neck and it appears she may have been shaken. Investigators believe Rooks is responsible.

Dannie Sears, who identified herself as the baby's godmother, said the child is struggling to survive.

"Her mother came down to me saying she didn't look right, she wasn't acting right, so I told her to bring [the baby] to me," Sears explained. "I noticed her head lolling and her eyes kind of rolled to the side. She wouldn't connect, she wouldn't follow my hand or nothing [sic]. Within five seconds, I knew something was wrong with her, and I called 911."

The Hartford Police Department Special Investigations Division and Major Crimes Division homicide detectives are conducting a criminal investigation.

Sears said all she wants to know is that her goddaughter will be OK.

"She had surgery and she made it through the surgery, thank God, and she's fighting for her life," Sears said.

The state Department of Children and Families is involved in the case. 

"I just want everybody to pray for my goddaughter," Sears said. "She's a beautiful baby."

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2014 at 7:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spooky415
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 7:53 AM
2 moms liked this
Kill him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:04 AM
7 moms liked this

he oughta be thrown head first into a brick wall

Quoting spooky415: Kill him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:09 AM
Wow, so very sad.
Why can't people put the baby down and walk away to calm down? Here in ny you have to watch a video about the dangers of shaking a baby and sign forms stating you watched and understand the dangers.
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:10 AM

=(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this
This is why they show the video purple crying it teaches you that its OK to put baby some where safe I.e. crib, swing, play pen or high chair and walk away for a minute.

I'm so glad that I would do mommy time outs and that the only time my son cried was when he was being held or touched to much.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:16 AM
They have billboards (in poverty stricken neighborhoods) saying real men don't hurt babies (etc) don't know why it's common in certain areas to shake babies and all that mess?
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:16 AM

Ugh, so sick. What is so hard about putting baby in a safe place (like her crib?) and walking away to calm down? I fully admit, my babies drove me to tears sometimes, but what makes anyone think shaking them, throwing them, or otherwise causing them harm is going to make them stop fussing? Poor little girl, I hope she makes it through ok. As for the father, I'm all for the idea you commented about throwing him head first into a brick wall. 

BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:19 AM

Poor baby :(

krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:19 AM
Hopefully he wont make it to the trial because his inmates will murder him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:20 AM

they probably have him in seclusion so that won't happen

Quoting krusesbaby: Hopefully he wont make it to the trial because his inmates will murder him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN