Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

*Cancer* HELP!!

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:22 AM
  • 11 Replies
My mom was just recently hospitalized with the flu and pneumonia.. She got released yesterday but they did a few tests on her and they came to the conclusion that she has a "mass" that is 7 centimeters in size, on one of her lungs.. She has to go to a lung doctor to find out for sure if it is cancer or not..

Have any of you been through this, or known a person with a "mass" on their lung that wasn't cancer? I'm really worried and so is she. Does anyone have any experience In this situation and can give us some advice?
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:23 AM

Yes. FIL had a mass and it was NOT cancer. MIL had a mass and it was. I hope all goes well for you and mom.

beethann
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:25 AM

My BFF's mother just went through something like this a few months ago. She had had a really bad cold and bronchitis for awhile and finally went in to the dr. They did a chest x-ray and found a spot on her lungs that they thought might be cancerous. She had to do a ct scan and it turned out to be nothing. The spot on the x-ray was just something from her being sick. 

Good luck to you and your mom! Cancer is a scary thing to experience. I lost my mother in January to it. 

LauraLuciferMom
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:27 AM
What did they do about FIL's mass? And what did they do about MIL's? Cancer runs in our family, all forms and even the younger generations have had it so we are really worried.. My mom had what they thought to be breast cancer at one point so they took her entire breast..

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Yes. FIL had a mass and it was NOT cancer. MIL had a mass and it was. I hope all goes well for you and mom.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:29 AM

FIL had a biopsy and it was just determined to be a benign mass. No treatment needed. MILs mass was biopsied and she was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. She passed 6 months later. Your mom has hope, it could be nothing.

Quoting LauraLuciferMom: What did they do about FIL's mass? And what did they do about MIL's? Cancer runs in our family, all forms and even the younger generations have had it so we are really worried.. My mom had what they thought to be breast cancer at one point so they took her entire breast..
Quoting MrsDavidB25:

LauraLuciferMom
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:29 AM
They did a ct scan on my mom as well but referred her to a lung doctor.. Which makes me think it's cancer..

I'm sorry to hear about your mother :(
*hugs*

Quoting beethann:

My BFF's mother just went through something like this a few months ago. She had had a really bad cold and bronchitis for awhile and finally went in to the dr. They did a chest x-ray and found a spot on her lungs that they thought might be cancerous. She had to do a ct scan and it turned out to be nothing. The spot on the x-ray was just something from her being sick. 

Good luck to you and your mom! Cancer is a scary thing to experience. I lost my mother in January to it. 

stacey541
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:30 AM
There are so many different things it could be. I would wait for the dr. Appt. They get you in pretty quick when it's cancer. A whirlwind of appointments. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst...
LauraLuciferMom
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:32 AM
The problem is, my mom also doesn't have any form of insurance so I'm not sure the doctor, or any doctor would even let her in :(

Quoting stacey541: There are so many different things it could be. I would wait for the dr. Appt. They get you in pretty quick when it's cancer. A whirlwind of appointments. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst...
mary716
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this
My mother had stage four lung cancer when I was 18. She had half her lung removed, chemo and radiation. It moved to her brain. Again chemo, radiation and gamma knife surgery. 11 years later, she is now cancer free.
allycally
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:33 AM
My mom did...it was cancerous and in her lymph nodes, it couldn't be removed but she did chemo and radiation. And has been ok, sometimes there are good stories
LauraLuciferMom
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 10:36 AM
Wow! Your mother must be a very strong woman :) I'm glad to hear not everyone who gets this kind of diagnosis ends up passing away!

Quoting mary716: My mother had stage four lung cancer when I was 18. She had half her lung removed, chemo and radiation. It moved to her brain. Again chemo, radiation and gamma knife surgery. 11 years later, she is now cancer free.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN