Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you be pissed or was I wrong. update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
Well not much has changed. My kids dont get why i am upset. We had an issue with our electric meter on wed. And he thought he would just come back home. I told him no, i need a break. He is acting like i am the one with all the problems. I am not perfect by any means, but being married to some one who is an alcoholic and verbally abusive is hard. He told me je needs a break too. He doesnr need a break. When he os home he is outside drinking and on his phone, on the computer, or watching tv. He sleeps in layer than me every day. He gets a break, staying at his parents while i take care of 4 kids. That is my break super fair.
My kids have state testing this week. My ds2 has 2
baseball games that last until 930 at night. I told dh we would each go to one game ao the other 2 kids could stay at home and go to bed on time. Ds3 could go or not go since he is 3 and loves watching his brother play. I went to last night's game. I talked to dh at 6 and he said he would be here in a few. He wasn't home at 7 when I left. I called and asked where he was and he wouldnt say he finally said he said he went for a beer and appetizers with a friend. He was leaving. I left ds1 and dd at home. Dh didn't get home until 830. He never called the kids, ds1 called him. I was not happy. I got home at 930 and ds1 hadn't had dinner yet. I was not happy. I asked him why he chose the night we had things planned out and he just couldn't understand why I was mad. He wouldnt answer my questions and ended up telling me all I do is bitch and that is why I am a bitch. He got his stuff packed and said the first part of his plan was starting and he was going to stay with his parents for awhile. My kids ended up going to bed late they have big tests today and I was just supposed to be happy about all of this. He has huge issues with alcohol. We have all asked him to stop drinking..
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Alcoholics are selfish and not worth trying to help if they don't want it.
mysticatgal
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:31 AM
From what's here it doesn't sound like his priorities are in order. Does he go out often, was it a friend from out of town? If his attitude is to leave I might try to find out what I did but if he wants to drink all the time I wouldn't want that around my children.
vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:32 AM
He sounds like ass. Sorry mama.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:33 AM
Because he went to have a beer and acted like an asshole that he's automatically an alcoholic?

Quoting MixedCooke: Alcoholics are selfish and not worth trying to help if they don't want it.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Police on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:35 AM
Irresponsible and just plain shitty of him. I'm sorry, can you convince him to go to rehab?
An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:35 AM
No, OP saying that he has a huge problem with alcohol and has been asked to stop drinking makes him an alcoholic.

Quoting Anonymous: Because he went to have a beer and acted like an asshole that he's automatically an alcoholic?

Quoting MixedCooke: Alcoholics are selfish and not worth trying to help if they don't want it.
notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:37 AM
How old are the kids?
EarlGrayHot
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:38 AM

What a jerk.  They are HIS kids as well and HE is also responsible for taking care of them.  Divorce him and sue his ass for everything.

mes_deux_amours
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:39 AM
Wow. Yes I'd be pissed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:40 AM
Actually he is

Quoting Anonymous: Because he went to have a beer and acted like an asshole that he's automatically an alcoholic?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)