Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Eww! That's what you feed your kids???

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 10:04 AM
  • 221 Replies
7 moms liked this
That's gross! Are you really going to eat that? Those were the words of a 40 yr old woman to my 3 1/2 yr old and 1 yr old

Literally just happened. My SIL stopped by to drop something off from my MIL. I offered her some coffee and she sat down at the kitchen table where my girls were eating. She says " ew! What do you feed these kids! That looks gross!" Really? You're 40 and saying this to little kids. My daughter just looked at me confused. She had green juice that she drinks almost everyday and crepe pancakes rolled up with strawberries and a little ricotta. Sorry it's not lucky charms but that's how they eat. It was definitely the unpleasant color of the juice that put her off. She asked what it was and I said it's apples, pineapple, kiwi, spinach, spirulina,et. She looks at my 3 yr old and says " Gigi are you really going to drink that? Do you really like it? Is it yucky?" But she said it in such a way that it made it sound bad. I intercepted it right away and said " of course she is. She likes it. Right G? It's yummy". That seemed to kind of ease her a little and she did drink it just as she always does. I thought SIL was over it until she saw some of the cheese come out of one if the crepe rolls and was like " what is in there? How do you get them to eat like this stuff?" Omg get over it! For 1 that's not even a " weird" meal. And secondly SHUT UP! Another child might comment on green juice or other things my kids are used to but an adult to say "ewwwww" to a child like that to me is kind of annoying. Please don't try to make my kids second guess what they are eating. I don't sit in your kitchen and tell your kids I think their pop tarts are disgusting. Then she decides it's time to give me advice saying " you know you shouldn't force them to eat so strictly. They are just going to rebel and eat even worse when they are older". I wasn't even having this conversation with her. I really dislike when someone tries to tell me how to parent my kids just because it's different then what they do. Not to mention their little pancake rolls weren't even over the top healthy and if she thinks they are maybe she needs to reevaluate her own diet. Who tries to lecture someone on feeding their kids " too healthy". Anyway. I can't say I'm sorry she had to run to an appt. next time I'll be sure to have plenty of green juice for her instead if coffee.
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sparkler16
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 10:20 AM
And yes I know it's long but I needed to vent! Lol
3Rasberries
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 10:30 AM
8 moms liked this

Yeah, that is annoying. I got told crap too because my kids would eat and love sushi or other "non kid" food. So I raise my kids to try everything and not be picky. The food you gave her sounds yummy. My kids love green juice/smoothies too. It will not backfire on you. They will grow up to be adults not afraid of cuisine. I know adults who still eat like picky kids. Sorry. My response is kind of unorganized and rambling. 

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 10:32 AM

ugh man she needs to mind her own damn biz. your kids, your choice. sheesh.

3JuJu3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 10:32 AM
3 moms liked this

My kids love Bolthouse's Green Goodness.  That's like a treat to them.  She shouldn't project her ignorance onto your children.

Malayahsmom06
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 10:33 AM

That is so frustrating! I hate unsolicited "advice."

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2014 at 10:33 AM
HA
Oh, heaven forbid you give her something healthy. Maybe shes jealous her kids are picky little brats. Either way, she sounds like a see you next tuesday and i would have said something to her. Take that crap to your own house, harlot. Giggle
CowgirlSoldier
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Good for you for feeding your kids healthy, home made food. It really peeves me when others criticize, especially good parenting choices. 

SithMom71
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 10:34 AM
So why didn't you tell her to shut her mouth and get out of your house?
Sparkler16
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 10:34 AM
5 moms liked this
Exactly. I mean I do make child friendly things but over all I don't believe in " kid food". I like exposing them to different things and if I can keep it healthy I do. That doesn't mean they never have treats, of course they do but over all I like a healthy balance. I think it's teaching them from the start to make smart choices and like varieties.

Quoting 3Rasberries:

Yeah, that is annoying. I got told crap too because my kids would eat and love sushi or other "non kid" food. So I raise my kids to try everything and not be picky. The food you gave her sounds yummy. My kids love green juice/smoothies too. It will not backfire on you. They will grow up to be adults not afraid of cuisine. I know adults who still eat like picky kids. Sorry. My response is kind of unorganized and rambling. 

Blooming_Lotus
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 10:34 AM

That's annoying. I get it all the time too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)