Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My mom is refusing to help my sister because she's pregnant again :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 461 Replies
My sister is a single mom working two fast food jobs to support her two kids. She makes too little to pay for much, but too much to qualify for subsidized daycare or anything else. Because of this, my mom watches her kids while she works, which she openly complains about because she's 70 and watching a 6 and 3 year old 10+ hours a day, almost every day.

My sister just told her she's pregnant. My mom told her not to bother bringing the baby or any of the kids back for "free babysitting because you're too irresponsible to do anything right". She have my sister until next Friday to find care.

I live across the country with my husband or I would help in a heartbeat. She couldn't stop crying when she called me last night. She was hurt my mom reacted to her pregnancy like that, and she's scared to death about what to do with her babies. I tried to call my mom but she snapped "stay out of it" at me. :(
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:46 PM
88 moms liked this

I don't fault your mom at all, your sister is irresponsible to get pregnant if she already has 2 children she can't provide for

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:46 PM
6 moms liked this

i agree with ur mother she needs stop poping out kids if she can support them and expecting other to help her

AspirelI
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:47 PM

Don't blame her at all.

Dannygirl25
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:47 PM
4 moms liked this
Well your mom is right. Your sister already has two kids who she is struggling to raise. She doesnt need a 3rd
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:47 PM
She needs to keep her legs closed!
I agreed with her mom!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:47 PM
3 moms liked this
To be honest I don't blame mom. She already has two she can't afford daycare for and she gets knocked up AGAIN??? WTF. I'd be done with her too.
theresaphilly
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:48 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

i agree with ur mother she needs stop poping out kids if she can support them and expecting other to help her

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:48 PM
2 moms liked this
WTF is wrong with your sister?
Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't blame your mom one bit! Your sister already has two kids she cannot properly care for and she's having another one.

AJsMom81507
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:48 PM
5 moms liked this

i agree with your mother 100%, you sister is a single mom of 2, and she is pregnant again?  your mother is 70 watching a 6 year old (part time during school hours) a 3 year old full time and soon to be newborn... your sister needs to learn to keep her legs shut (and please dont say failed birthcontrol) stop whoring around and you wont get pregnant

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)