Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Forced Vaccination

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 142 Replies

My baby was born very prematurely. She had a possible adverse reaction after her two month shots. Symptoms were fast breathing and desatting.
*edit to add at 6:51 pm: It was not documented as an adverse event. It was simply documented as a complication of her underdeveoped lungs.

I have no choice but to get her 4mo shots as there are no exemptions in GA except Medical and Religious. I was told I can't bring my baby home unless I get the vaccinations as directed by the physicians and that I could be turned into CPS  I should have worded this differently....they said that social services would be called in. I don't have much experience in dealing with social services/cps. I assumed that they meant cps.

How do you all feel about premature babies getting vaccinations? Can you reassure me with your experiences?

Thank you.

As an FYI: Vaccine Schedule 0-18yo

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2014 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 2:47 PM
I'm sorry, I have no experience in that area. Maybe you could just slow the schedule? Get one at a time? Or maybe even try another doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 16, 2014 at 2:50 PM

They shut me down when I mention delaying. I will talk to them one more time about it. Thank you for your reply.

Quoting outtamymynd: I'm sorry, I have no experience in that area. Maybe you could just slow the schedule? Get one at a time? Or maybe even try another doctor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2014 at 2:51 PM
This never happened.
YzmaRocks
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 2:51 PM
4 moms liked this
Reaction should fall under medical.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2014 at 2:53 PM
2 moms liked this

with my youngest I did a delayed schedule.  on his file it clearly states ONLY 2 SHOTS AT A TIME MAX.  stupid fucking nurse comes in with 4 needles and I didn't let her past the door.  she's like "ugh, i'll have to write this up again though."  Yeah? not my problem.

Be more of an advocate for your child. 

We no longer vax for any reason, period.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2014 at 2:54 PM
A) a reaction should be covered by medical reason.
B) they vax preemies on their "adjusted age" schedule.
C) they will not prevent you from leaving the hospital and/or call cps if you decline vaccines.
mich2.0
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 2:55 PM

Use a religious exemption. It doesn't have to be written in your holy book "thou shalt not vaccinate''. Find a doctor who will listen to your concerns, if you can. Idk what to tell you with them not releasing your baby without them. That's a tricky, slippery slope to be on. You could leave AMA, but they probably would call CPS on you. IF you had a reasonable case worker and a doctor who would back you up (whether in the hospital your baby is at or not) you would be ok. But it's a bit of a gamble.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Apr. 16, 2014 at 2:57 PM
2 moms liked this
Yeah i think op is full of shit

Quoting Anonymous: A) a reaction should be covered by medical reason.
B) they vax preemies on their "adjusted age" schedule.
C) they will not prevent you from leaving the hospital and/or call cps if you decline vaccines.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2014 at 2:58 PM

What a load of bullshit,  this didn't happen!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2014 at 2:59 PM

Uh....reaction would fall under medical. And you aren't forced to see only one doctor. You are completely free to seek out another pediatrician. Sheesh. Troll much?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)