Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Forced Vaccination

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My baby was born very prematurely. She had a possible adverse reaction after her two month shots. Symptoms were fast breathing and desatting.
*edit to add at 6:51 pm: It was not documented as an adverse event. It was simply documented as a complication of her underdeveoped lungs.

I have no choice but to get her 4mo shots as there are no exemptions in GA except Medical and Religious. I was told I can't bring my baby home unless I get the vaccinations as directed by the physicians and that I could be turned into CPS  I should have worded this differently....they said that social services would be called in. I don't have much experience in dealing with social services/cps. I assumed that they meant cps.

How do you all feel about premature babies getting vaccinations? Can you reassure me with your experiences?

Thank you.

As an FYI: Vaccine Schedule 0-18yo

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2014 at 2:46 PM
Replies (101-110):
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Quoting Anonymous: If I don't sign, they don't give her the vaccines. She will not be released until she is vaccinated according to schedule :-/ Their words.
Quoting sheramom4:

Don't sign any of the consent forms for the vaccines. If they do it anyway. let them know you will be filing a lawsuit and demand an immediate transfer the to the next nearest facility. The exemptions are ONLY for school or daycare. Since your infant is obviously not attending school or daycare at this time, there is no reason to agree to the vaccinations. 

That is called kidnapping. When she is medically able to leave, she can be discharged. What are they going to do, keep her until her 18th birthday?

You can check her out of the hospital AMA. You can transfer her to a different facility. You are her legal guardian, not the hospital. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:15 PM

ds2 was 3 wks ealy...If you want to delay vax, just delay the checkup appt.  It worked for me.  Instead of an appt at 3 mo, make it at 4 mo.....that type thing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:16 PM

I fucking hate nurses. They sit around talking shit about patients and consider someone trouble if they don't do exactly as they're told when they're told. Mindless heartless robots. 

Quoting ARACMOM: One person can't possibly know everything there is to know about every micro-organism, especially one that is not seen very often anymore. I don't know about you, but nurses have saved my daughter's life and I am working my ass off to become one. Your comment was very offensive to me.
Quoting Anonymous: That's really scary. And why I don't trust nurses.
Quoting ARACMOM: My bad. My nursing school instructor told us incorrectly.
Quoting Anonymous:

Hib is indeed a bacterium, and it is part of the normal bacterial flora of the upper respiratory system.

Quoting ARACMOM: HIB is not normal flora. It's a virus.
Quoting Anonymous:

But an infant with an immature immune system is more susceptible to INVASIVE infection, ie. that normal bacteria becomes pathogenic.

Quoting Anonymous: Hib and s. Pneumoniae are actually normal flora
Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, because pertussis, HIB, and invasive pneumococcal disease are so much more natural.

Quoting Anonymous:

yes, let's overwhelm their developing immune systems with chemicals, animal and human dna, and a host of other inflammatory inducing adjuvants. 

Quoting butteredpoptart:

Premature babies need vaccines even more so than babies who were born full term with a more developed immune system.

ARACMOM
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Not really, but keep thinking that. I spend a lot of time with nurses and they spend their day running around caring for people that don't care about themselves, giving up lunches and piss breaks. Even caring for assholes like you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I fucking hate nurses. They sit around talking shit about patients and consider someone trouble if they don't do exactly as they're told when they're told. Mindless heartless robots. 

Quoting ARACMOM: One person can't possibly know everything there is to know about every micro-organism, especially one that is not seen very often anymore. I don't know about you, but nurses have saved my daughter's life and I am working my ass off to become one. Your comment was very offensive to me.

Quoting Anonymous: That's really scary. And why I don't trust nurses.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hib is indeed a bacterium, and it is part of the normal bacterial flora of the upper respiratory system.

Quoting Anonymous:

But an infant with an immature immune system is more susceptible to INVASIVE infection, ie. that normal bacteria becomes pathogenic.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, because pertussis, HIB, and invasive pneumococcal disease are so much more natural.

Quoting Anonymous:

yes, let's overwhelm their developing immune systems with chemicals, animal and human dna, and a host of other inflammatory inducing adjuvants. 

Quoting butteredpoptart:

Premature babies need vaccines even more so than babies who were born full term with a more developed immune system.

kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:27 PM
No There are not. Exemptions are for school. That's all. There's no law saying you've got to vaccinate.

Quoting Anonymous: There absolutely are laws. Two exemptions: medical (per an MD) and religious.

Quoting jen2150: I used to live in GA and that is not true. There is no law against not vaccinating. Also I choose not to vaccinate because of medical reasons. I do not like their ingredients so I don't use them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:28 PM
They're not. I live where she does. She is trolling.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think vaccinations should be mandatory and am glad I don't live where you do. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Because that not how exemptions work. I'm a ga resident, a non vaxer AND medical. Medical professionals don't deal with exemptions.

Quoting Anonymous:

How in the world is 'my trolling" obvious? I am absolutely NOT trolling. I am thankful for the informative replies. No one has come in here bashing anyone or blasting an "agenda".  I think this post has pretty much hit a dead end until I find out if her reactions after the first set of vaccines were documented as actual reactions to the vaccine or what....

Quoting kitty8199: You're lying. You're trolling and is obvious
Quoting Anonymous:

Why would they lie? Are the rules possibly different since she's still in ICU?? I do not know enough about this to be a fighter.

Quoting SuDoNim:

OP: you don't need any sort of exemption to decline vaccines in the hospital. You only need an exemption if you are registering her for school, daycare, camp, etc.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:32 PM
No, your can pick and choose. They're only for school though. Just say no. If they call dfacs, they'll say that's her right. But there's nothing they can call about.

Quoting Anonymous:

This is definitely an option. But wouldn't this mean I can't vaccinate for ANYTHING?? I mean, as a preemie, I know there are some she may need due to underdeveloped lungs.

Quoting Anonymous:

You can make your own religious exemption. You DO NOT have to have your child vaccinated. The dr **may** report you to cps but he doesn't have a leg to stand on

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:35 PM
No it's not. It's a bacteria and it's in the upper anyway of about 80% of people naturally. It is normal flora in most people.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting butteredpoptart:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:36 PM
That is why i don't trust most medical professionals

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting butteredpoptart:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)