Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Take your child to work day

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 4:53 PM
  • 50 Replies

Do you participate in Take Your Child to Work Day? Is it a big deal for your kids or do they not care one way or the other?

by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 4:55 PM
Are there many jobs that even allow that? I never got to go because my mom didn't work and my dad is a police officer. He said he couldn't take me because if he got a call he couldn't just dump me on the side of the road, or take me along. I'm pretty sure my husband's work wouldn't let him take our kids either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 16, 2014 at 4:55 PM

never had one but if i did i would but my job is my kids right now since im a sahm but when i was kid i loved career day i got to spend the day with my dad(stepdad) but to me my dad

69liliem10
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 4:56 PM

It's not allowed at the hospital. Too many safety, ethical, and other issues.

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 4:57 PM

We could never do something like that unless the kids needed scared straight. DH works in a prison. I have DD at work everyday since I work from home. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 16, 2014 at 4:58 PM
I love kids. I really do. I have two! But I freaking hate this non holiday because it has always been so distracting. It's damn near impossible to do quality work with everyone's kids running around.
teapartydiva524
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 4:59 PM

My dd has come to work with me on multiple occasions.  After my grandma died she came here for three weeks until I found a sitter I liked and was comfortable with.  If my sitter's son is sick she comes here too.  My boss is awesome like that.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 16, 2014 at 4:59 PM
DH isn't allowed to do that. Security risk.
sarah824
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 4:59 PM

My job allows it, but I work in an office and am alone most of the day. DH is self employed so he lets DS join him if he is in town.  My friend, a SAHM, lets her boys rotate each year and they get to stay home with her and see what she does all day. The schools by us make the kids write a report (age appropriate) about their day and it is always fun to see what her boys write about. 

Quoting Summerlion1123: Are there many jobs that even allow that? I never got to go because my mom didn't work and my dad is a police officer. He said he couldn't take me because if he got a call he couldn't just dump me on the side of the road, or take me along. I'm pretty sure my husband's work wouldn't let him take our kids either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 16, 2014 at 5:00 PM
It's a big deal at my husband's company. They have a BBQ and all kinds of activities.
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Dhs job has a great program for kids ages 8-12, so ds 9 will go this year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN