Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She has Love/Sex Addictions meow

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:31 PM
  • 59 Replies

I decided to keep my original post so people underdstand the replies.

I just googled sex/love addiction and my niece fits in a lot of it. It now makes sense why her behavior is constantly repeating.

How the hell do you tell a teenager they got a love/sex addiction?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So many of you know about my niece and she is now on lock down. One of the biggest issue I have right now is that she is using men to flatter/flaunt herself.

The obsession for males is that she thrives off them drooling over her, hanging on her, buying her things, hearing I want you, need you, hey lets go do it....

The one thing I did notice is that she has no idea how to give back. For example, next week is my birthday and my mom. To my niece, she feels that her money should be saved but the real reason is her money she doesnt like to share. She was raised this way. She doesnt know how to say I love you BACK or give a hug back or give a compliment, or do something nice just because. She can take but cannot give.

So this may sound bad but its true, she simply chooses males because in her mind she knows how to give back by having sex. That is her way of giving back for attention she recieves.

So my mission for April is two things.

1. How to improve her self worth, esteem (Who am I)

2. Learn how to give back (others without giving sex)

For number one, I am going to make a chart it will have ME on it. Around it I want her to put words that describe her personality and who she is.

The thing is, do we do both negative and positive, maybe one for each? She needs to start recognizing her bad traits and behaviors. 

What do you girls suggest?

by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:41 PM

oh come on you guys, some of you are smartz

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:43 PM
Sex is bad?
thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:44 PM

apparently not it isnt like she sticks with any one guy. She sometimes will sleep with five at a time and 30 in a single week. nah that aint bad at all

Quoting Anonymous: Sex is bad?

mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:45 PM
2 moms liked this
Sounds fine to me, her being able to actually see what she thinks of herself(good and bad) might help her realize where she needs to change.
Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Use two colors and have her circle what her good traits are, and another for her bad ones. Make another "brainstorm" picture in the good trait color afterwards of things she could do to make others feel good in nonsexual ways. 

thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:46 PM

see that is my thoughts on the approach, she needs to see what is wrong/bad and how to make it good/right.

Quoting mlg1989: Sounds fine to me, her being able to actually see what she thinks of herself(good and bad) might help her realize where she needs to change.

mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:48 PM
Well just don't tell her what YOU think is right and wrong just cause she obviously knows, see what she really thinks of herself.
*shrugs* that's all I got..

Wait...did you change the title? Lol

Quoting thetrollcat:

see that is my thoughts on the approach, she needs to see what is wrong/bad and how to make it good/right.

Quoting mlg1989: Sounds fine to me, her being able to actually see what she thinks of herself(good and bad) might help her realize where she needs to change.

MotherLady
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:48 PM
How old is she?

I like the idea of the chart. But be sure that you help her come up with 2-3 positives for every negative.

It will be bad for her to think it's all negative. She is a good person and she needs to respect herself. It's easy to see bad though, and sometimes harder to see good. Help her see both.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:49 PM

she is seventeen - eighteen this weekend. I will make note of what you said, thank you/.

Quoting MotherLady: How old is she? I like the idea of the chart. But be sure that you help her come up with 2-3 positives for every negative. It will be bad for her to think it's all negative. She is a good person and she needs to respect herself. It's easy to see bad though, and sometimes harder to see good. Help her see both.

MotherLady
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:50 PM
No. She has to do it herself. Otherwise it means nothing.

Quoting mlg1989: Well just don't tell her what YOU think is right and wrong just cause she obviously knows, see what she really thinks of herself.
*shrugs* that's all I got..

Wait...did you change the title? Lol

Quoting thetrollcat:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)