Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you eat a horse?

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:43 PM
  • 100 Replies
Another post got me thinking. Lets say your family could not afford food. And you had a friend who's horse was put down for broken legs, would you take the meat? What if it made the difference between your children being removed from your home?

Someone said they would sooner starve than eat horse meat. I had a mustang, she was a great horse. She broke two legs in a fall. I put her down, as opposed to letting her suffer and gave the meat to some dear friends who were down in their luck. It fed their family for a year which allowed them to pay their rent and utilities, and both of the friends were able to get better jobs to support themselves. Had my horse not fed them, they would have become homeless and had their children removed. I don't regret it one bit.

To answer questions I'm sure will come, horse meat is not illegal to it. It's illegal to inspect, which is why it can't be sold.
Also, horse tastes like beef, just a little tougher and a little sweeter.
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AbelsMommy01
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:44 PM
Bump
corticosteroid
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:45 PM

I read up on this not too long ago...Lots of horsemeat recipes on the Weird Wild Web.

ame85
by Chemistry cat on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:46 PM
Yes, I would eat it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't eat meat so no, but meat is meat what's the difference between a horse or a cow? lol
AbelsMommy01
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:48 PM
I made a pot roast with it. It was very good

Quoting corticosteroid:

I read up on this not too long ago...Lots of horsemeat recipes on the Weird Wild Web.

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:48 PM
4 moms liked this

Yes. I'd also eat dog, cat, rabbit, squirrel, etc... 

AbelsMommy01
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:48 PM
I think people don't like it because horses represent freedom.. Or something lol

Quoting Anonymous: I don't eat meat so no, but meat is meat what's the difference between a horse or a cow? lol
Moonbabylove
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I do not eat meat but if I did I would eat horse, especially in that situation. I think it is odd people will eat a cow but not horse or will eat rabbit but not cat.
307mama
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:49 PM
I guess. I've eaten it before. But I was in Switzerland.
mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:49 PM
Yeah sure, I was actually curious how they tasted in all honesty.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)