Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UPDATE My 3 year old is on Lithium. Help

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:39 PM
  • 239 Replies
Ok so he is on lithium but the natural supplement version as well as something else to help get rid of the adrenaline in his body, given by a naturopath. My pedi wasn't help in and we need help! He made us dairy free it's been two weeks no change!

Extreme mood swings
And violent outburst and tantrums over severely unwarranted reasons ex. Mommy took a sip of water and he doesn't want me drinking water.

I know there's an underlying cause but getting there is frustrating he has no coping mechanisms and refuses to use the toilet for bowel movements he also still breast feeds at 3 years 8 months

Diet organic no dairy little gluten sugar and some products with soy no food dyes

4/26 So I stopped the lithium at some point we may test his mineral levels and if they are low I may give it to him then.

He has sensory processing disorder and now everything makes sense!

He has occupational therapy and learning new ways to help him! Thanks for the concern and thanks to those who were kind to me!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imvanilla
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't get oer the fact that you put your baby on Lithium.  I am an adult with bi=polar and would NEVER take litium due to the horrible side effects of the med.

I hope you get it figured out, and if you don't think the Lithium is working then take him off.

MylittlePea
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:45 PM
It's not the same lithium they would prescribe you and honestly things are really hard for our family but mostly him he has no control

Quoting imvanilla:

I can't get oer the fact that you put your baby on Lithium.  I am an adult with bi=polar and would NEVER take litium due to the horrible side effects of the med.

I hope you get it figured out, and if you don't think the Lithium is working then take him off.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nolongermstkn
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:47 PM
Shes says its the natural supplement, is there a difference? The only thing i know about lithium is id never use it let alone my 3 yr old.

Quoting imvanilla:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rgba
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:49 PM
19 moms liked this
Um. His "cause" is that he is 3.

wtf.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MylittlePea
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:50 PM
I'll post a pic and there is

Quoting nolongermstkn: Shes says its the natural supplement, is there a difference? The only thing i know about lithium is id never use it let alone my 3 yr old.

Quoting imvanilla:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MylittlePea
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:53 PM
Really???!!!!my nephews 3 and doesn't act like my son. I know my son and also what's typical behavior for a three year old . What's going on with him is not ok and I am working hard to get him help. Wtf?!??! Your post was not helpful and ignorant

Quoting rgba: Um. His "cause" is that he is 3.

wtf.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imvanilla
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:54 PM

He is three, there are other things you can try before running straight to a medication: natural or not.

Quoting MylittlePea: It's not the same lithium they would prescribe you and honestly things are really hard for our family but mostly him he has no control
Quoting imvanilla:

"You have no faith in your own language./ So you invest/ authority in signs/ you cannot read with any accuracy."---Louise Gluck

vamaria
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Lithium is dangerous because the therapeutic dosage is so close to the toxic dosage. Is your doctor monitoring him regularly? This would terrify me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:57 PM
I'm just confused as to how he's never torn your breast apart yet. Perhaps you should keg that one go
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:57 PM
What is natural lithium? What supplement is he actually taking?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)