Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

F this whole car seat thing...

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:50 PM
  • 190 Replies
1 mom liked this

I get motion sickness and so does my daughter.  She used to puke in her infant carrier.  She barfed in her convertable (rear facing).  I turned her around early (18 months) and she still barfed.  Because we turned her around early, I drive much less to minimize risk.  She will be three this week but she is still under 30 pounds so she will stay in her convertable.  I feel like the carseat angle is part of the problem.  I can't wait to move her to a HB Booster.  I know it will help.  But I will wait -probably until she is 4 - because she is such a tiny peanut.  

She has puked 9 times in two years.  It would be more except that I am learning her cues and just leaving her with DH more.  

I feel so bad for her, but also for the whole family as we just can't go anywhere.  We took a flight this week and she barfed on the plane.

I am going to talk to the ped at her 3-year check up.  

I know car seats save lives, but I do miss the old days.

by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:54 PM

Poor thing! 

CrimsonRadiance
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:54 PM
6 moms liked this
You haven't had her checked before now? I would have had them check her ears and such before now, especially if this is an all the time thing...
mehaffiesub
by Lil' Frog on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:54 PM
Let her suck on peppermint thats how I cut down on my motion sickness, also can she see the road from where she sits I have to focus on the road when in the car or ill get sick, I hope your little girl gets to feeling better soon.
supermama322
by Kaylee on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:55 PM
17 moms liked this
It shouldn't be on angle if it's forward facing. It should sit as straight as a hbb
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:56 PM
6 moms liked this
That stinks! Why not try a car seat that can harness and later turn into a booster seat. That way you can keep her harnassed but have her sitting up straighter like she would be in a booster.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:58 PM
11 moms liked this
Sounds like the problem is motion sickness itself. Not a car seat .
Why do you think a HBB is going to make it any better for her?
2Gs
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Hmm...like what kind?  Our Britax definatley tilts back a little bit.  She is constantly complaining that it is too tight, even when I losen it.

Quoting Anonymous: That stinks! Why not try a car seat that can harness and later turn into a booster seat. That way you can keep her harnassed but have her sitting up straighter like she would be in a booster.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:59 PM
I get sick every time I'm in the car. Only time I don't is if I'm driving. But I use peppermints, or gum.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:59 PM
5 moms liked this
Her issue has nothing to do with a car seat...
momto1ryen
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:59 PM
3 moms liked this
This! Ffing seat aren't reclined.

Quoting supermama322: It shouldn't be on angle if it's forward facing. It should sit as straight as a hbb
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN