Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Dh let my 8 month old son roll off the bed and did not tell me until 12 hours later

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 415 Replies

He said it was because I was at work and also I tend to freak out over the smallest things. This was not a small thing and I am his mother.  He said he checked my son and he was fine. He cried for a little bit but then he started trying to climb up on things again like 5 minutes later. He said he watched him for the past 12 hours for any changes and he is just fine. He said he rolled off the bed because he left him for a second to get some wipes from his diaper bag in our room because he was changing hi on our bed. He said he herd a thump and turned around and he was on the floor. I am soo angry with him for not telling me this when it happened, regardless of the reason and should I take him to the ER. He is acting his normal climb on everything self.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:32 AM
152 moms liked this
Gee...I wonder why he didn't tell you.

No, you don't need to go to the ER.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:33 AM
32 moms liked this

no, if he is acting fine, please don't waste the resources of the ER

I guess I don't see the fuss, kids fall, get hurt etc, I don't think to tell my DH about every bump and bruise, nor does he tell me

The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:33 AM
3 moms liked this

I would not take him to the ER. I'd only do that if he was showing signs of a concussion. Sounds like your husband did what he was supposed to do in that situation.

chamamahaha
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Accident s happen, he didnt let him, id think hes ok
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:33 AM
8 moms liked this

Chill out lady. Your kid is fine & he's the dad (I'm assuming) he took care of it and did what he should have. Good grief.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:33 AM
My 5 mnth old rolled off the bed yesterday. I told dh a few hours later because i was busy crying over my baby (who was fine) he wasn't mad though, he trusts my judgment
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:34 AM
Quoting Crazy-Steph: Gee...I wonder why he didn't tell you.

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:34 AM
5 moms liked this

But he did tell you. I wouldnt have called you at work either. Babies are tougher than you think. I trust that my dh would get help if it were needed and because he was there and you werent, you just need to trust his judgement. 

matofour
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:34 AM
3 moms liked this
He's fine
Why would you run him to the er for that?
Imagine all the things you are exposing him to in the er, for something so silly.
The.Last.Rebel
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:34 AM
No shit lol

Quoting Crazy-Steph: Gee...I wonder why he didn't tell you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)