Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is CPS on a witch hunt?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 107 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: As a rule of thumb, when CPS CONTINUES an investigation, is there cause?

Options:

Yes, valid concerns are most likely present

No, CPS will interfere without cause

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 206

View Results

I am always skeptical when a parent insists CPS has removed a child from their custody without justification. While I've no doubt mistakes are made, I do not believe that there was absolutely no cause for concern as many claim. 

What do you think? In very general terms, do you think there is typically more to the story, or is CPS randomly tearing apart families for no good reason? 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2014 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kcangel63
by Freebirther on Apr. 17, 2014 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it depends. Some are generally caring people. Others are just in it for other reasons and could care less.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Police on Apr. 17, 2014 at 6:54 PM
I voted there are most likely valid concerns.
mommyfesha
by monster on Apr. 17, 2014 at 6:55 PM
3 moms liked this
Other. I've seen CPS do nothing in cases where the child really needs to be removed from the family and I've also seen them tear families apart over nothing. Depends on the county you're in for my area.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2014 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, I don't know about where you live. But here, CPS is funded by the number of cases they have opened. So more cases = more money. In which case it is in CPS's best interest to have as many cases opened as possible. So based on that and the general greed of those in power. I do believe many cases are unjustly founded.

mary716
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 6:58 PM
Here they aren't. I called on a friend if mine: no water at all, thw kids were made to walk to a bar to use the bathroom, her house is filthy, she smokes pot with her kids sitting right there, her 3 year old picked up a bud of weed and she laughed about it. Instead of getting her pipes fixed to have running water, she went out and bought a brand new van. Fuck that nonsense. I called cps and reported her. Guess what? They didnt do shit and those kids aare still living like that. Its disgusting.
curvygurl1912
by Renee on Apr. 17, 2014 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Cps is so broken it is not even funny. It doesn't help that everyone wants to call them over the most bullshit reasons.

RocknRoll.Rose
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 7:00 PM

In general, I pretty much believe that CPS is incompetent. They are more concerned with the rights of the parents than with the safety of the child.

reading   playing soccer   boy n girl

Melody       Conner Wyatt and Tabitha

shadowcat76
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 7:01 PM

My dumbass neighbors called on me once. They came, they saw, they left and havent been back. That was 3 yrs ago, So Id have to say there would be real concern to continue an investigation.

Shadowed_Star
by Neko‚̧Wolf on Apr. 17, 2014 at 7:01 PM

CPS is broke

mommyfesha
by monster on Apr. 17, 2014 at 7:02 PM
4 moms liked this
I agree with this. If people didn't treat CPS as a fantastic way to get revenge on people that make them mad, there might not be such a problem.

Quoting curvygurl1912:

Cps is so broken it is not even funny. It doesn't help that everyone wants to call them over the most bullshit reasons.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)