Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have epilepsy AMA

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm bored. Ask away.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:36 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:36 PM
I had brain surgery in 2006 to remove a tumor. It helped but I still was having seizures afterwards so I'm still on meds.

Quoting Anonymous: My SOs sister did too. She got brain surgery and hasn't had seizures for a year now. Have you considered this?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:38 PM
No. I had a vaginal birth. I'm suprised though because I had brain surgery in the past & was afraid I would have an aneurysm pushing.

Quoting EntrepeneurMom: Did you have to have a C-section?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:38 PM
Epilepsy? It's a seizure disorder.

Quoting Anonymous:

What is that?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:40 PM
I've kind of lost count but it's around 3 years now :)

Quoting Crazy-Steph: How long have you been seizure free?
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:42 PM
When were you diagnosed? What sort of testing was done?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Someone once told me that flashing lights or driving thru a partially shaded area where sunlight flickered in and out of the trees could be a problem for someone with epilepsy.  Is that true?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:44 PM
Yes. It can be. There are a lot of things that can cause someone to have a seizure. I personally don't have any triggers.

Quoting Anonymous:

Someone once told me that flashing lights or driving thru a partially shaded area where sunlight flickered in and out of the trees could be a problem for someone with epilepsy.  Is that true?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:47 PM

Well, I wish you much luck.  

littlelamb303
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:54 PM

My uncle had grand mal.  He was never able to drive.  Every year he would stay with us, or come with us on vacation and he would have seizures.  It was very upsetting to see that as he would hurt himself if he fell on concrete.  People used to be cruel and tell him to get up , that he was a drunken bum, meanwhile he never had a drink..  He did hold down a job though.  He had to walk to it.  He was a janitor.  He did not live an easy life. He died when he was in his 50s, however it was not because of the epilepsy.  He died from lung cancer.

littlelamb303
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:55 PM

my uncle with grand mal seemed to have seizures when he was upset or stressed.

Quoting Anonymous: Yes. It can be. There are a lot of things that can cause someone to have a seizure. I personally don't have any triggers.
Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN