Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have epilepsy AMA

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm bored. Ask away.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:36 PM
Replies (31-40):
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:56 PM
I do too. It's not fun.
DesireMM
by Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:59 PM
My daughter takes the same medicine just 600mg. She has been seizure free for 6 months now.

Quoting Anonymous: Grand mal or tonic-clonic. I take Tryleptol 750mgs twice a day.

Quoting momofne:

What type of seizures do you have? Can I ask also what medication you take?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2014 at 12:17 AM
That can happen too. Also if u don't get enough sleep.

Quoting littlelamb303:

my uncle with grand mal seemed to have seizures when he was upset or stressed.

Quoting Anonymous: Yes. It can be. There are a lot of things that can cause someone to have a seizure. I personally don't have any triggers.
Quoting Anonymous:

Someone once told me that flashing lights or driving thru a partially shaded area where sunlight flickered in and out of the trees could be a problem for someone with epilepsy.  Is that true?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2014 at 12:19 AM
That's really sad. I was always afraid of having seizures in public because I was worried people would think I was on drugs. Thankfully I never had any in public.

Quoting littlelamb303:

My uncle had grand mal.  He was never able to drive.  Every year he would stay with us, or come with us on vacation and he would have seizures.  It was very upsetting to see that as he would hurt himself if he fell on concrete.  People used to be cruel and tell him to get up , that he was a drunken bum, meanwhile he never had a drink..  He did hold down a job though.  He had to walk to it.  He was a janitor.  He did not live an easy life. He died when he was in his 50s, however it was not because of the epilepsy.  He died from lung cancer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 20, 2014 at 12:20 AM

If you knew that you could cure yourself with diet and nutrition, would you follow the diet to a T? 

** I have no idea if it can be cured, just know a lot can be, and I was just curious.**

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2014 at 12:21 AM
:(. What kind of seizures do u have? How do u manage them?

Quoting AliKatAK47: I do too. It's not fun.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2014 at 12:22 AM
Absolutely. My seizures were caused by brain tumors though, not diet related.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you knew that you could cure yourself with diet and nutrition, would you follow the diet to a T? 

** I have no idea if it can be cured, just know a lot can be, and I was just curious.**

lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 12:22 AM
O.o

I'm allergic to that.

Quoting Anonymous: Grand mal or tonic-clonic. I take Tryleptol 750mgs twice a day.

Quoting momofne:

What type of seizures do you have? Can I ask also what medication you take?

littlelamb303
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 1:20 AM

yes, it was sad.  They lived in NYC and he had to walk everywhere and it would happen sometimes in public.  It is disgusting how unkind people can be.

Quoting Anonymous: That's really sad. I was always afraid of having seizures in public because I was worried people would think I was on drugs. Thankfully I never had any in public.
Quoting littlelamb303:

My uncle had grand mal.  He was never able to drive.  Every year he would stay with us, or come with us on vacation and he would have seizures.  It was very upsetting to see that as he would hurt himself if he fell on concrete.  People used to be cruel and tell him to get up , that he was a drunken bum, meanwhile he never had a drink..  He did hold down a job though.  He had to walk to it.  He was a janitor.  He did not live an easy life. He died when he was in his 50s, however it was not because of the epilepsy.  He died from lung cancer.

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:56 AM

I have both Clonic-Tonic seizures and Myoclonic seizures.  Although I have the latter way more. I'm on medication. And I have my service dog so I can remain independent. 

Quoting Anonymous: :(. What kind of seizures do u have? How do u manage them?
Quoting AliKatAK47: I do too. It's not fun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)