Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

disorders

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
Its depressing how many meds I take for disorders that I have. I take ones for anxiety, depression, for sleeping, some antipsychotic's...etc. I hate taking them, and I sometimes really wish I didn't need them. But I really seriously do them... Its just upsetting knowing I have to rely on medication to have a life... Anyone else like me... Hating and wishing that meds weren't necessary? ( totally ok with answering question if anyones curious)
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2014 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Police on Apr. 17, 2014 at 9:10 PM
I'm on a lot of meds too. Anxiety, mood stabilizer, anti depressant, anti psychotic and insomnia.

It sucks, but I'd rather be sane, so I deal.
teensrmyworld
by Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 9:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Try weed.  I am being completely serious.  Marijuana is the healthiest way to live a full life with your list of problems and I am a former "no way" kind of person.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2014 at 9:11 PM

I know what you mean.  I want to feel like a whole person on my own instead of with medication.  But on the other hand, I know how I am when I'm not taking them and if taking them means I'm a better, saner, more stable mom and partner I will do it for them.  It sucks, but it is what it is I guess:(

casah4
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 9:12 PM

I hear ya.  I'll be on meds for the rest of my life. I can't function without that extra help. I wish it wasn't so, but that's the hand I was dealt.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2014 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont have to take meds but my oldest DD 17 does.  She has panic disorder, agoraphobia and hypochondria to name a few,  She is on 4 different medications. She hates being on them but feels so much better and has a normal life with their help ( and therapy).   I tell her that there is no difference between her having to take meds for her mental health than her little sister having to take medications for her physical health.  

Alyssasmommy412
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Aren't you afraid if you take too many medicines that they would have a counter affect? Not sure how to put this so it makes sense.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 17, 2014 at 9:13 PM
Exactly my point... :(

Quoting Anonymous:

I know what you mean.  I want to feel like a whole person on my own instead of with medication.  But on the other hand, I know how I am when I'm not taking them and if taking them means I'm a better, saner, more stable mom and partner I will do it for them.  It sucks, but it is what it is I guess:(

Foolynroo2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 9:13 PM
2 moms liked this

I take meds daily - not for psychlogoical disorders but physical ones, and I admit I was very upset for a short period of time, realizing these are life long medications, I would have to take daily.
But its humbling, and I am now grateful for medical intervention to extend and improve my quality of life.

Just accept the things you cannot change, stay regular and work on life with a little help from your friends.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2014 at 8:01 AM
I know what you mean. I've always been worried about that too... But the sleep and anxiety I only take as needed, so that helps... I only take a couple on a daily basis. Which still sucks... But its what my doc says to do....

Quoting Alyssasmommy412:

Aren't you afraid if you take too many medicines that they would have a counter affect? Not sure how to put this so it makes sense.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2014 at 8:02 AM

yup..i hate that i have to rely on inhalers to live...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)