Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stepmom!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

Here is my confession. 

I adore my stepmother. Always have. She is my mother by choice. She is the one who is there for me. She is the person who my friends thought was my mother at my wedding. My actual mother acted like a spoiled brat and picked fights with me during the planning and on my wedding day. My stepmom held my hand and listened to me. 

My stepmom is the woman my son calls grandma. My mother lives a thousand miles away because my family moved to be closer to my dad and stepmom. 

My stepmother is a wonderful woman and I am lucky to have her in my life. My actual mother is a toxic, narcissistic, emotionally, and mentally abusive waste of my time.  

That is my confession. Bash away if you must. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:09 AM
5 moms liked this

No bashing. More people need to realize that the golden uterus isn't always the best person to raise a child.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:11 AM
It's wonderful you have someone you love like that.

newmom121812
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:13 AM
No bashing from me. I'd choose my step dad over my mom anyday of the week
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
novachick
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:15 AM
I feel the same way about my step dad. He was an amazing man and was my daddy. He passed away in September but he will always be my daddy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:17 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss :(

Quoting novachick: I feel the same way about my step dad. He was an amazing man and was my daddy. He passed away in September but he will always be my daddy.

mommy103238
by Mandy on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:19 AM
I understand. My stepmom is an actually mom to me
liltampa71
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:19 AM

No bashing.  I'm the BM and raise my son most the time.  However, I would hope if I wasn't able to, his sm would love him and care they way yours has.

readyforhim
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:21 AM

we dont get to pick our parents, plenty of us are disappointed by our mothers, and feel best away from them.

you have a good relationship with your stepmother and your father, enjoy your time together.

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:23 AM
Nothing to bash. You're lucky to have someone like that in your life. My dad was/is awesome and I'm very grateful for him but he wasn't a very good mom lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:26 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)