Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should a Sunday school teacher be texting my 13 year old son

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 317 Replies
1 mom liked this

I need help ladies. My husband is asleep and he will get annoyed if I wake him up for something petty.

periodically go through my 13 year old son's phone ever since he started having an interest in girls. There is flirting with different girls but  nothing inappropriate or advanced. 

However tonight as I was looking through I see he texts with his Sunday school teacher. (I haven't checked his phone since last week so the convo is Going from Thursday till yesterday.

Basically she'll say this youth event is at this time etc and then he will reply.  There is nothing overtly  inappropriate but I don't feel comfortable with it. He talks to her like his friends and there was some flirting on his end!!! Wtf 

for example  she said if your parents don't pick u up in time (for youth group) you'll just have to come with home w us because you live too far.lol

he said " my mom probably won't let me spend the night at your house because there are too many girls and she knows I'm irresistible." She just LOLed. WTF?!!!! 

Im im a young mother.,33 I can't imagine texting w any kids even if It were my Sunday school students. If anything I would call. I'd feel weird texting w a kid. 

Am I overreacting? What should I do? Btw he has not shown signs (from what I read in parenting books ) that he is sexually active, 

we attend a small church that he's gone to since a baby. My parents and extended family attend and are active there

. He is 13 but very tall for his age already 6'1 very handsome and good in sports so he is confident and sometimes people forget he's still a relatively young kid. However she has known him since he was a baby so she ahould see him as a kid not a big teen or older you can text, 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:20 AM
6 moms liked this
That doesn't seem appropriate. I'd never text a student myself.
curvygurl1912
by Renee on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:22 AM
21 moms liked this

If there is nothing innapropriate being texted from her, I wouldn't have a problem with her. I would just tell her to text you the info from now on and I would tell him to stop trying to flirt with his yg leader.

Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:22 AM
4 moms liked this

Very inappropriate. I would have a talk with her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:22 AM

Quoting KairisMama: That doesn't seem appropriate. I'd never text a student myself.

Ok good to know I'm not crazy. I'm stuck because how can I confront him without him knowing I go through his phone 

JennPearce
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:23 AM
2 moms liked this
I'd never text a student either. I always go through parents.
uhhnogirl
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:24 AM
8 moms liked this
Uh, I'm pretty sure I was friends with my youth minister too.
Doesn't seem like that big of a deal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:24 AM
14 moms liked this
I think your overreacting.
Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:25 AM
13 moms liked this

He is 13, he should have random phone checks.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting KairisMama: That doesn't seem appropriate. I'd never text a student myself.

Ok good to know I'm not crazy. I'm stuck because how can I confront him without him knowing I go through his phone 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:26 AM
6 moms liked this
This is SUNDAY SCHOOL not PUBLIC SCHOOL.
Big difference. A lot less formal.

Quoting JennPearce: I'd never text a student either. I always go through parents.
ProudMommyToHim
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:27 AM
how.old is the teacher
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN