Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm going to tell my ex that his wife can't go any more.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 967 Replies
Yesterday my DS had a tball game. When I got there to watch I saw that my DS had come with my ex's wife. My ex wasn't there.

My ex's wife was sitting there with a group of moms and occasionally getting up to play catch with DS, or help him. Once I was there she should have let ME help him. Or told him to come to me. But did she? Of course not.

I saw her get up to take some pictures. Well, then I see my child go running off the field (after he got a home run) and jump into her arms. He was crying.

And what did she do? Did she redirect my child to me so I could take care of him? No. Did she tell him to show me? No.

She sat on the ground and let him sit on her lap until the next inning. No word to me at all until he was back on the field.

Then all she says is, "his sore thumb got hit by the ball. He's just tired and in melt down mode. I loved on him and told him to finish the game."

Who the hell does she think she is?! If she wasn't here maybe my son would have come to me.

Then when we were leaving she brings him over and says, "walk your momma to the parking lot. I'll wait for you at our car." And leaves.

There is no way in hell I'm letting my ex's wife come to any more of my kid's events. She just ruins them!

Ugh. Talk about unwelcome and overstepping.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2014 at 5:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MagicMonkey
by Cilla on Apr. 18, 2014 at 5:41 AM

Are they custodial?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2014 at 5:42 AM
50/50

Quoting MagicMonkey:

Are they custodial?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 18, 2014 at 5:43 AM
303 moms liked this
Well, maybe you should have done something other than sit there and watch everything.
MagicMonkey
by Cilla on Apr. 18, 2014 at 5:44 AM
40 moms liked this

Ahh, may I suggest, that insteaqd of standing by and letting her take over, that you step up and run in before she does, so next time, bring a glove or something and let him practice throwing the ball at you to catch, be more active so he has these memories with you

Quoting Anonymous: 50/50
Quoting MagicMonkey:

Are they custodial?

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Apr. 18, 2014 at 5:44 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous: Well, maybe you should have done something other than sit there and watch everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleymarie0828
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 5:46 AM
232 moms liked this

You're upset because your child sought comfort in her? I mean, how is that her fault? Would you rather her be an evil step mother who abuses your child? Be thankful that she obviously cares and loves your child a lot. If she wasn't loving, your child wouldn't react that way to her. Sounds like you need to work on building a stronger relationship with your child instead of blaming someone else for being the person that your child associates comfort with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 18, 2014 at 5:46 AM
36 moms liked this
Sounds like a green eyed monster is looking for trouble.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2014 at 5:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I shouldn't have to. She should know her place. He's my son. He's nothing to her.

Quoting MagicMonkey:

Ahh, may I suggest, that insteaqd of standing by and letting her take over, that you step up and run in before she does, so next time, bring a glove or something and let him practice throwing the ball at you to catch, be more active so he has these memories with you

Quoting Anonymous: 50/50

Quoting MagicMonkey:

Are they custodial?

georgiana5
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 5:47 AM
67 moms liked this

IMO the more people that love a child the better. I know you must of had a pang of jealousy but she obviously  loves your child and that is good all round.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2014 at 5:47 AM
Exactly. And if she's going to use my son against me because she's jealous. She can't come back!

Quoting Anonymous: Sounds like a green eyed monster is looking for trouble.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)