Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Birth Control Mandate for Teens

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

Suppose a law was instituted that your teen had to go on birth control as soon as she got her period, or entered high school?  Would you agree, or fight it?  This new law has the same clout as the vaccination laws, and birth control is compulsory, unless a valid medical or religious reason is given. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2014 at 6:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Apr. 18, 2014 at 6:56 AM
Fight it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 18, 2014 at 6:59 AM
No fucking way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:03 AM
No.
MonarchMom22
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I have known several Moms who made this choice.

Heres a question, why not a mandatory reversible vasectomy for all boys?  less complications, just as effective if done for all.    Not saying to do this.  just wondering why your hypothetical singles out girls.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:08 AM

not  a bad idea...there is no pill for boys, or implants to prevent pregnancy...there should be, tho..an implant to prevent sperm from forming

Quoting MonarchMom22:

I have known several Moms who made this choice.

Heres a question, why not a mandatory reversible vasectomy for all boys?  less complications, just as effective if done for all.    Not saying to do this.  just wondering why your hypothetical singles out girls.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:08 AM
That's sexist
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't fight it, birth control is mandatory in my home already.
KellBell0820
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:10 AM
If my daughter wants birth control she can have birth control but I'm pro leaving parenting and bodily choices up to people.
JulesFairy
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:12 AM
Fight it. I needed it to help control my periods and I didnt even go on it until I was 16. And then it took 18 different perscriptions to find one that worked. If my child is blessed to not have my periods from hell there is NO WAY I am putting her through the hell of finding a b/c that works. Also, I started my period at 9. In my opinion that is wwaayy to early to start pumping hormones into a child, the damage it could do isnt something I want to cause my child.
my4kids274
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:12 AM

No way!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)