Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why aren't step parents

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies
3 moms liked this
Allowed to do anything with their step kids??? All these posts I read about kids that shouldn't be with their step parent but should be with their bio parent. Doesn't make sense to me. Every other post someone brings up, "why wasn't child with BM or BF" is the step parent just supposed to stay in the background? My kids have a great relationship with their SD and their SM. why wouldn't bio parents want that for their kids? Is it so wrong that my dh takes my boys to do guy stuff like fishing, hunting, and sports? Or is it bad that they do stuff with their SM? Yeah their Dad may not do as much with them as I would like, but I would never complain if they hung out with SM. They love her and love being able to spend time with their little brothers.
I'm sure this will open a can of worms, but I am honestly curious as to the reasoning behind all the opinions that a SParent is just the bioparents spouse and nothing more. Please explain.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZombieMeat37
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:27 AM
3 moms liked this
Parents are selfish assholes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:29 AM
2 moms liked this
It seems on here damned if you do damned if don't type of thing. I am close to both my step parents, have been for years.
Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:33 AM
7 moms liked this
Oh the glorious Stepparenting double standard. They are supposed to love the children like their own, but know that they really have no place in the kids life.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:36 AM
3 moms liked this

Because the bio parent is insecure.

malissaL
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:43 AM
3 moms liked this
because people truly don't have children's best interest at heart
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:44 AM
1 mom liked this
It comes down to bitter ex-spouses that use their children as pawns.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:45 AM
2 moms liked this
I am very jealous of my son loving on others more than me lol yea I'm a tad embarrassed to admit it, but I don't stop him from loving or others loving on him. That being said, I'd expect sm to have a good relationship with me because I want to know she does have my child's best interest in mind. Dh and I have agreed that if we divorce we will put aside our differences and co parent. It's incredibly important to us that our child see that even if we can't be together we can still care enough about each other and future significant others to get along and be there together for him.
WishingAway
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this
My step mother and my mom are great friends. Most of my life they have been. She is a wonderful woman and a huge influence on my life. We had our bad days like any other family but all in all she is my mother too. She's helped raise me and support me since I was 4. She deserves my respect. Can't spell check so hope that's is OK lol
Outspoken.Mime
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I have raised my step sons for 10 years.  I don't get it either.  Even before we had full custody I still went to all their school events, took them places, etc.  I think some women still want full control over their children in a situation in which they just don't have it anymore.  When you get divorced, there is going to be someone else in their lives at some point, period.  I don't think many women consider that fact.

Outspoken.Mime
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:49 AM
3 moms liked this

It always works out better for the CHILD when women are mature enough to handle things like your Mom and Stepmom did.  Unfortunately I think a lot of these feuds we read about here are not about the child at all, but are about the jealousy of the biomom or the stepmom, or both.

Quoting WishingAway: My step mother and my mom are great friends. Most of my life they have been. She is a wonderful woman and a huge influence on my life. We had our bad days like any other family but all in all she is my mother too. She's helped raise me and support me since I was 4. She deserves my respect. Can't spell check so hope that's is OK lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN