Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Inconvenient birthday party?

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:38 AM
  • 48 Replies
My youngest daughter turned 1 on Wednesday and we are having her birthday party on Saturday. My mom keeps complaining that it's really inconvenient because of Easter and we should have done another day. But when? Last weekend my husband was away for business and didn't fly home until Saturday and on Sunday we had our nephews baptism, and next weekend will we be in FL. I'm not waiting until 2 weeks after her bday to celebrate, that's silly. Pretty much everyone we invited RSVP that they are coming. If anything it's more work for me because I'm doing all the work for the party and though we are having Easter at my moms this year, I still help her and do at least half of the cooking for that too. Sure it's a busy weekend but all for happy good things. No one else but my mom so far had mentioned to me that it's bad timing. Would you find it inconvenient to go to a birthday party the day before a holiday?
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
godsavethequeen
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:40 AM
I wouldn't find it inconvenient whatsoever. Don't worry about it! Have a fun weekend!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sparkler16
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:44 AM
I guess I was just concerned that she has a good point that many people will be busy preparing holiday meals/plans. Granted everyone that's coming is obviously family and close friends. I guess I don't want to come off as " that mom" that doesn't consider others.

Quoting godsavethequeen: I wouldn't find it inconvenient whatsoever. Don't worry about it! Have a fun weekend!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:45 AM
my sister-in-law started that s*** on Labor Day weekend.. I used to go away for the weekend and now I can't because otherwise I will have to skip out on my nephews birthday party. its a pain in the ass
Cassidysmom611
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:46 AM

I wouldn't find it inconvenient. Heck, tomorrow is my Birthday and I can't change that lol. 

jenerica.
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:47 AM
My daughter is going to a birthday party at 9am tomorrow. Its no problem for us.
Sparkler16
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:47 AM
Well her birthday won't always be by Easter so it's not a yearly thing to cut it so close. And u would have done it last weekend but the other baptism was already planned and I'd never step in toes like that. We wanted to attend that event as well! Also none of our family goes away for Easter. A few friends can't make it because of trips but for the most part everyone said they are coming. And if they couldn't I wouldn't be offended.

Quoting Anonymous: my sister-in-law started that s*** on Labor Day weekend.. I used to go away for the weekend and now I can't because otherwise I will have to skip out on my nephews birthday party. its a pain in the ass
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:48 AM
My DD's birthday is the 4th of July, I always have her party the first Saturday of the month unless it IS the 4th, then I have it the following Saturday! I have never had an issue with people complaining about it being too close to a holiday, but then again the 4th of July isn't really a major holiday.

But, My moms birthday is Christmas Eve and we use to have her parties on Christmas Eve with no problems.

I think that if everyone else RSVPed that they would be there it shouldn't be a problem.
Sparkler16
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:48 AM
Happy birthday!!!! My bday is Christmas Eve so I can't change that either lol.

Quoting Cassidysmom611:

I wouldn't find it inconvenient. Heck, tomorrow is my Birthday and I can't change that lol. 

MomofHDFandNWF
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Tell her she is lucky she is not in our family... my sister-in-law is bringing a cake to our Easter celebration to doa combo Easter/birthday celebration for her son so she doesn't have to plan a separate celebration.  This is the same sister-in-law that complains when we have a birthday cook-out for our son on Mother's Day because it (again) is the closest Sunday to our son's birthday.

Sparkler16
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:49 AM
My bday is on Christmas Eve too! Lol. My mom always put my parties off until after New Years.... I hated that.

Quoting Anonymous: My DD's birthday is the 4th of July, I always have her party the first Saturday of the month unless it IS the 4th, then I have it the following Saturday! I have never had an issue with people complaining about it being too close to a holiday, but then again the 4th of July isn't really a major holiday.

But, My moms birthday is Christmas Eve and we use to have her parties on Christmas Eve with no problems.

I think that if everyone else RSVPed that they would be there it shouldn't be a problem.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN