Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Easter Baskets.. Help!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
I'm looking for suggestions on what to put in my two 6 year old DS and 7 year old DS basket. I'm obviously going to put some candy, but I want it to be minimal. I don't forbid candy I just don't allow very much of it.

What did you ladies get your children for Easter?

Also, the twins just turned 6 earlier this month. They went to Disneyland and have been spoiled with gifts. I just don't want to hand them a whole basket of candy.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Chalk, bubbles, crayons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Saydar
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:47 AM

Get a small toy or two. Maybe a fun travel cup? Something with their name or a favorite cartoon/superhero character?

My son is only three. He's getting a few pieces of candy, a play doh set that he's been asking for for a while, and a book.

I know there are a lot of folks who complain that "Easter's not Christmas" blah, blah, but I'd rather spend month on an outting or a toy than a pile of candy. Honestly, we still have half of his Halloween candy sitting on top of the fridge.

imakehimscream
by He screams on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:47 AM
I bought a pre made one. It has chalk, bubbles, a frizbee, and 3 pieces of candy in it. It's a barbie basket
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:49 AM

Stuffed bunny, chaulk, bubbles, jump ropes, match box cars,color books, crayons, cups, art supplies

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:51 AM
I'm debating this myself. I might just take them on an outing. Thanks for your suggestion.

Quoting Saydar:

Get a small toy or two. Maybe a fun travel cup? Something with their name or a favorite cartoon/superhero character?

My son is only three. He's getting a few pieces of candy, a play doh set that he's been asking for for a while, and a book.

I know there are a lot of folks who complain that "Easter's not Christmas" blah, blah, but I'd rather spend month on an outting or a toy than a pile of candy. Honestly, we still have half of his Halloween candy sitting on top of the fridge.

jenerica.
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:52 AM
My 6yo dd is getting Dvds, books, gourmet cookies, beanie boos, colored bubbles, rainbow loom, and a doll making kit.
dolphingurl1286
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:53 AM
My kids got a movie, a shirt, bubbles, sunglasses, and a little candy.
imthatgirl0607
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:55 AM
My 8 and 10yo boys got wiffle ball sets, legos, gumball machines, bases(for a baseball game), water ballions.

I cant remember, but there are some other little items.
TB78
by Tasha on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:56 AM
Ours got a fish, and for his basket: candy, despicabe me 2 stuffed minion, despicable me 2 surprise toy packet, angry birds stuffed pillow, chick with blue rabbit ears and bow that when placed in your palm chirps like a real one, blue grass, hollow bunny with long ears candy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 18, 2014 at 8:08 AM

hot wheels, chalk, bubbles, bug catchers (dollar tree has some neat ones with nets, tweasers, and a magnifing glass), puzzles, coloring books, dvd's, basketball/football, etc. 

For easter we don't really do much, they get summer/outdoor toys, books, new bathing suits and beach towels. That's about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN