Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My crazy mom started arguing with me

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:58 AM
  • 44 Replies
She was telling me how much my baby looks just like I did when I was a baby. I told her how my husband's mom sent us some baby pics of him and it is like the same kid. They look exactly alike.

She was like, "Well, you haven't seen this picture." I said, "He looks like his dad. There is no way father and son could possibly look more alike. He may have some of my features, but not like this. I'll show it to you next time I see you."

All of a sudden, she started getting mad and arguing about it insisting that he looks like me and not my husband. She almost started crying over it. What a freak.
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2014 at 8:02 AM

yeah....she might need meds. DS cam out looking like his daddy, Now he looks like my brothers twin when i look at pictures....

Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 8:02 AM
LMFAO!
She's like my mom.
I'm always like " mom quit it ok! He looks like Isaac and has half my big nose that's it"
and she'll go on a rant on how i can't even tell how my child looks and how when i was a kid i looked just like them and that i didn't even know O.o
TrouserMouse
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 8:02 AM
It is wrong. I know what I looked like as a baby...lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

so you insisted her opinion was wrong and then you  dont understand why she got upset.

dolphingurl1286
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 8:02 AM
My mom gets mad if anyone says my kids look like my husband or anyone in his family. They have to look like me or she is pissed.
Saydar
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 8:04 AM

Meh, if you and your mom are anything like my mother and I were after DS was born, you're both crazy! I mean that the most loving way possible.

My emotions were all over the place after DS was born and my mother had trouble taking on the role of Grandma (she still wanted to be the mommy). It's a transition for everyone.

You can admit that it's a silly thing to argue over, right?

MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Apr. 18, 2014 at 8:04 AM
My mom actually said she doesn't like my youngest dd bc she looks too much like my exh. I thought only my mom was crazy!
TrouserMouse
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 8:05 AM
She gets weird about everything. I have to walk on eggshells with her. I could say that I didn't like something she did or said and she'll go into a rant about how she should just kill herself. :-/

Quoting Anonymous:

yeah....she might need meds. DS cam out looking like his daddy, Now he looks like my brothers twin when i look at pictures....

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 8:05 AM

Did she have the pictures with her? Sometimes the years can cloud our memories and we really think that someone looked a certain way when they didnt.

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 8:05 AM
Lol.

You are very pretty.

Quoting Lilith23: LMFAO!
She's like my mom.
I'm always like " mom quit it ok! He looks like Isaac and has half my big nose that's it"
and she'll go on a rant on how i can't even tell how my child looks and how when i was a kid i looked just like them and that i didn't even know O.o
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Police on Apr. 18, 2014 at 8:05 AM
I saw those pics, he definitely looks like his daddy!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)