Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She canceled our plans to go to church!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies

My best friend and I had been planning to go shopping today. A few of our favorite stores are having great sales  and we are having a cookout tonight (basically tonight is our easter since we're not doing anything sunday). I get up, get my son ready, get everything packed up since I more than likely won't be going home before going to her house tonight, so and so forth. We're wallking out the door and she calls and says she isn't going shopping because she decided last minute she wants to go to church for their good Friday service. 

Great. So now after doing all this shit and wasting my time, she cancels and leaves the cookout shopping up to me? Awesome, thanks. Glad to know an imaginary person and fake ass people are more important than the person who has been by your side every day.

And really, I can't tell you when the last time this woman went to church was....

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2014 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShoeStrings
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Sorry, that stinks :(

momto2boys3215
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

is she going to be at church all day? or for just an hour or so?

Did you ask about the shopping for the cookout?  Or are you just bitching cause you are the type of person who cant do anything alone & expect people to always do what you want when you want?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 18, 2014 at 10:12 AM
9 moms liked this

sounds like you could use some church...

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 10:13 AM

That sucks. I cannot stand people who cancel last minute for NON emergencies.

2Gs
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 10:16 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes.  Sorry you are not moved in the same way she is.  Given your attitude she probably doesn't even tell you her true feelings about God or all the times she has been to church.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

No. service is from 11-1:30. I have other plans around 2:00, therefore I can't go shopping. We always make plans for in the morning because we both have kids to pick up from school and whatnot in the afternoons. 

I just think it was rude of her knowing the plans had been made for awhile, and this cookout has been planned for a few days now. We were going to do the shopping togerher and split the cost so no one person is paying for all of the food, and if we went together we'd know what each other was getting so nothing was doubled or forgotten. Now I have to wing it and pay for everything myself.

Quoting momto2boys3215:

Did you ask about the shopping for the cookout?  Or are you just bitching cause you are the type of person who cant do anything alone & expect people to always do what you want when you want?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

If she had canceled for any other non-emergency reason would you still think this way? Or is it just because I'm an atheist and you people can't stand that?

Quoting Anonymous:

MyNameIs-
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this
That's weird. It's not like she didn't know when Good Friday was and didn't know not to make plans then. That sucks.
HandMmom12
by Jody on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

So why do you celebrate Easter?

momto2boys3215
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Thanks for clarifying.  It sounds like she may be trying to get out of paying half for the cookout.  Sorry it sucks to have flaky selfish friends

Quoting Anonymous:

No. service is from 11-1:30. I have other plans around 2:00, therefore I can't go shopping. We always make plans for in the morning because we both have kids to pick up from school and whatnot in the afternoons. I just think it was rude of her knowing the plans had been made for awhile, and this cookout has been planned for a few days now. We were going to do the shopping togerher and split the cost so no one person is paying for all of the food, and if we went together we'd know what each other was getting so nothing was doubled or forgotten. Now I have to wing it and pay for everything myself.

Quoting momto2boys3215:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)