Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Diarrhea and 37 weeks Pregnant

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 11:44 AM
  • 27 Replies

I'm 37 weeks pregnant and having horrible diarrhea this morning. Like, I can barely make it to the toilet. Maybe I should just stay there. I read that this can be a sign to labor...anyone know if this true. Anyone have this happen?? I feel fine otherwise. Not sick at all. 

I have a dr's appointment this afternoon and will be checked than but just wondering if anyone has held true to this theory?

by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beethann
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Bump!

I've been nesting the last two days as well. Oh geez, I'm freaking out over here! I'm not even ready or prepared!

onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 11:55 AM

Yes! I went into labor at 34 weeks with my twins and I had diarrhea. Luckily someone had warned me. Start timing the pain to see if it's rhythmic.  If it is, call your OB.

beethann
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 11:57 AM

Quoting onethentwins:

Yes! I went into labor at 34 weeks with my twins and I had diarrhea. Luckily someone had warned me. Start timing the pain to see if it's rhythmic.  If it is, call your OB.

I'm not having any pain with it. I was having that "dropping" feeling this morning. Like when your tummy gurgles and your like "oh, I gotta go!". It woke me up twice this morning. 

Momma3220
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 11:57 AM

Haha . Yes Its very normal . Your body is cleaning itself out and Prepareing for delivery :) . . . I Had it bad when I was pregnant . Some say its a sign of labor but Im not sure about that one . 

onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Quoting beethann:

Quoting onethentwins:

I'm not having any pain with it. I was having that "dropping" feeling this morning. Like when your tummy gurgles and your like "oh, I gotta go!". It woke me up twice this morning. 

Well then, if you aren't having labor pains, you're not in labor.

elfling811
by Niki on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:01 PM
That happened to me at 37 weeks and I went into labor a couple of hours later. Good luck!
kcangel63
by Freebirther on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:01 PM
39+5 here. I've been doing this for a week. It's getting old. LOL
beethann
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Quoting onethentwins:

Quoting beethann:

Quoting onethentwins:

Well then, if you aren't having labor pains, you're not in labor.

You had pains and diarrhea at the same time then when you were in labor?

I was just reading on other boards that moms had experienced diarrhea hours before actually going into labor. I suppose it would/could be different for everyone. Just wanting to know how true this theory is. 

Kaybean
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:04 PM
It cam definitely be a sign or you could have just got a bug or ate something funky or had too many grapes, lol.
beethann
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Quoting elfling811: That happened to me at 37 weeks and I went into labor a couple of hours later. Good luck!

oh goodness! maybe I should pack my bag just in case! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN