Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's not a handicap spot, I'm not moving.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 80 Replies

Went to the store earlier, needed more flour and baby wipes. So I took my kids with me 4 year old and 2 year old. I'm also 8 months pregnant. I try to park close to the front, but near the buggy things so I can get one and put my kids in it without actually having to walk away from the car.

So I find a good spot, one space away from the handicap spots. I park and start to get my kids out, a car pulled up behind my car and asked if I would move to a different spot because they're handicap. I said that there was two free handicap spots right in front of the store, but they wanted to park next to the buggy thing also. I told them that I was sorry but I had already gotten my kids out and I wasn't going to move. They called me a selfish bitch and drove to the next lane...

Would you have moved?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2gmp2
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:41 PM
2 moms liked this
Nope
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:41 PM
No, I wouldn't have moved. You weren't in a handicap spot so they can shut their pie hole.
dockyswifey
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:41 PM

Nope I would not.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:42 PM

No way, especially not if the handicapped spaces were open. If they're not able to put their cart away without parking next to the thing they need to bring someone with them to help.

EmilyH87
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Hell no.

JackAttacks
by Angel on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:42 PM

not in a million years!

rachellaree20
by Rachel on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:43 PM

No. Unless I was actually in a handicap spot and didn't realize it I have every right to park there.

EyEmTuRtLe
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Nope. I would have done the same thing you did.

lenashark
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, that was just messed up. They shouldn't have said that in front of kids, but I would gladly move someone with an actual handicap can have an easier time getting their cart back, my children are not a handicap.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:44 PM
This.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

No way, especially not if the handicapped spaces were open. If they're not able to put their cart away without parking next to the thing they need to bring someone with them to help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)