Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I wish I knew someome with chicken pox.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
I dont vaccinate, my kids are 2 and 3, and I kind of hope they get chicken pox before they are old enoughto really remember it.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ginger0104
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:50 PM

You want to try to keep a 2 and 3 year old from scratching and causing scarring? 

Good luck with that.  As long as they have it before they're 12, it won't become a serious issue.  I remember having chicken pox and I promise you I'm not the least bit traumatized by the experience.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:52 PM
Now that people get vaccinated against it it's more unlikely than ever that your kids will get it at young ages. Haven't heard of a case around here for 15 years or so.
Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:53 PM
My kids had chicken pox, so did my husband.
Dh went to the hospital but our kids we're fine.
A bit of a fever and couple days later it was done.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:53 PM
I was three when I had it, and only remember bits and pieces of it.

Quoting Ginger0104:

You want to try to keep a 2 and 3 year old from scratching and causing scarring? 

Good luck with that.  As long as they have it before they're 12, it won't become a serious issue.  I remember having chicken pox and I promise you I'm not the least bit traumatized by the experience.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:54 PM
I know a few kids who have it currently, but they dont live here.

Quoting Anonymous: Now that people get vaccinated against it it's more unlikely than ever that your kids will get it at young ages. Haven't heard of a case around here for 15 years or so.
MagicMonkey
by Cilla on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:55 PM
We're so fortunate ds caught it at the store :)
kaybayblee3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:55 PM

I never got it. Even when I was around my siblings and friends who got it. I later got the vaccination for it(had to for my job).

krissy920
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:55 PM

if my kids had it like me i wouldnt wish it on anyone.. high fever and my body shut down.. i had pox on top of pox inside my eyelids, in my mouth... its so hard to tell because everyone reacts differently. I  vaccinated mine because my reaction was horrible. Hopefully your kids have amild reaction like many.

Flylady14
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Don't wish sickness on your children please. Be thankful they are healthy. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:59 PM
My brotherhad it like that, I only had a mild case, my husband hada mild case too.

Quoting krissy920:

if my kids had it like me i wouldnt wish it on anyone.. high fever and my body shut down.. i had pox on top of pox inside my eyelids, in my mouth... its so hard to tell because everyone reacts differently. I  vaccinated mine because my reaction was horrible. Hopefully your kids have amild reaction like many.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN