Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Carnivals and 4 year olds *update*

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:57 PM
  • 45 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Ds was horrified last year of the rides, however he is begging to go this year. He says he won't be scared but I have a feeling he will be since we can't get on the rides with them.
How is your 4 and 5 year old when it comes to carnival rides?

He freaking LOVES it now.
:)

Now time to eat funnel cake.
Nom nom noms
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this
It was night and day for us. At four, he was iffy. By five, he wanted to do the zipper.. Which we didn't. Lol
mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:03 PM
Lol Hell no! I know 100% he would not be okay with the zipper, the speed of the spinning and rocking would completely scare him!

Quoting Anonymous: It was night and day for us. At four, he was iffy. By five, he wanted to do the zipper.. Which we didn't. Lol
askyourmother
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Well he wanted to go on them but he was too short to even ride with a parent. Hopefully this year he is tall enough.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:04 PM
Lol I was really amazed how much braver mine became in a year. He will probably shock you, too. Start small. Lol Have a great time!

Quoting mlg1989: Lol Hell no! I know 100% he would not be okay with the zipper, the speed of the spinning and rocking would completely scare him!

Quoting Anonymous: It was night and day for us. At four, he was iffy. By five, he wanted to do the zipper.. Which we didn't. Lol
bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this
My son wanted to do them all even before he was tall enough lol. Except the really high ones.
Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

MIne were daredevils and speed freaks from an early age. When my youngest was two and a half, the kiddie section at Six Flags bored him to tears. I can't take credit, I'm not a fan of them, myself.

mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:07 PM
True, he has been a a tiny bit of a daredevil recently..he might surprise me!

Quoting Anonymous: Lol I was really amazed how much braver mine became in a year. He will probably shock you, too. Start small. Lol Have a great time!

Quoting mlg1989: Lol Hell no! I know 100% he would not be okay with the zipper, the speed of the spinning and rocking would completely scare him!

kiwiskiwi29
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't even realize carnivals were still in existence. I haven't seen one in about 18 years.

mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:08 PM
We have one twice a year in our town, and then several other ones in surrounding towns.

Quoting kiwiskiwi29:

I didn't even realize carnivals were still in existence. I haven't seen one in about 15 years.

The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:09 PM

My daughter has ridden kiddie rides pretty much since she could stand on her tiptoes and get by the height minimum. She turned 3 last summer and rode rides at multiple fairs/carnivals.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)