Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

**UPDATE** He doesnt want to commit to me...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
UPDATE: My ex came to spend the weekend with me and the boys. We talked about the commitment thing. He said hes only focusing on me and trying to work things out. He said hes not looking for anyone or trying to pursue another relationship.

Im just gonna give it time. Most of the replies said to leave him. The fact of the matter is we have kids. If both of us is really going to try working it out then its better to try not only for ourselves but our children.

thank you for all the replies.

My ex and I have 1 kid together and I have another son from a previous relationship. Hes daddy to both of them. We were together 3 years off and on. We broke up in feb and i moved out the 1st of march.

March 22nd we decided to work things out. Were not together but were seeing how things go. Heres the problem: I feel since were working things out that we should committed to one another until one or both of us decide to end it completely. He disagrees and says he doesnt have to be committed to me because were not together.

The way i see it is that were working things out and since he doesnt want to commit to me hes free to see and screw other people.

Am i wrong? I have been committed since we starting working things out. I stopped seeing and talking to others. Im not trying to control or be clingy. He lives with his parents and i live with our boys in our own place. He only comes over on the weekends.

Am i wrong for feeling this way? Ive tried talking to him about it. Im not sure what to do now.

Please no bashing.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:20 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:20 PM
Should I just leave it alone and continue to work things out?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:21 PM
Or should I just end it all?
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:21 PM
3 moms liked this
He wants you for now, but wants to keep his options open in case someone he likes better comes along.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:21 PM
I dont know what to do.

Advice please!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:22 PM
Thats the way I see it and how i feel about it.

Quoting Nicoleb9: He wants you for now, but wants to keep his options open in case someone he likes better comes along.
notuseless
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:22 PM
No sex unit . You work it out and he gets tested.
lesalmi
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with him sorry. Until you have decided that you are going to be together, not working it out not we will see how it goes, but saying ok we are going to be together. Your both free to do as you please.

No sex before monogomy
dawncs
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:23 PM

I recommend keeping it at the friendly level and not the relationship level. He is saying indirectly that he hates the idea of you being with other men while he is free to see other women. In truth, he is not being fair to you. Also, he is probably wanting to avoid paying you child support by his words.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:23 PM

He wants you for the moment because he thinks he can continue to get laid until he meets someone else. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)