Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You don't like my birth plan inlaws?..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 694 Replies
36 moms liked this

Well that's too bad:) I want no visitors at the hospital and that means no waiting room worriors either.I'm not calling anyone until babe is born. I might negotiate with hubs that his mother and grandmother can come for a very short visit our last day in the hospital but that is all. I  don't want any visits at home until I feel like we had time to bond as a family and I feel ready min 2 weeks. Inlaws have a problem with this they want to play pass the baby and mil is making pa comments about how I'm not going to be able to breastfeed so I should just feed her formula so she could have alone time with baby. Barf! Although I don't have a problem with her no fucking body but me and dh will have alone time with her until I feel comfortable (maybe when she starts talking) and that's creepy and fucking insulting to feel entitled to somebody's newborn. It also pissed me off when she started commenting on how she couldn't breastfeed her first three so of course I won't be able to"/ ASSHOLE. My family doesn't dare boundary stomp and I'm thankful for that but being that this is mil first grandchild and gmil first great grandchild they hopped on the baby crazy train and idk how to get my point across while still being polite because my dh is a unicorn. But if anybody over steps any of my boudaries I'm going to have to chew them the fuck out and put em on TO. If anybody tries to get in on the birth I'm calling security.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:59 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2014 at 2:03 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2014 at 2:03 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 18, 2014 at 2:04 PM

BUMP!

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 2:05 PM
51 moms liked this
Well, it's your baby, so it's your choice. ...BUT I'm putting myself in your MIL's shoes and if I were her, it would really hurt my feelings.

It will probably change your relationship with them too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 18, 2014 at 2:06 PM
81 moms liked this
This is your first child isnt it. I understand not wanting anyone at the hospital, but believe me, the first couple weeks after you come home from the hospital, it is better to accept help. Its going to be rough.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 18, 2014 at 2:07 PM
15 moms liked this

okay...too bad its already a negative time. Its supposed to be a happy time. Oh well its your baby. Its your DH baby as well. Hopefully you guys are on the same page

Baby4us09
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 2:08 PM
2 moms liked this

Sounds like his family is weird. Don't tell them when you go into labor. If you dont want them there don't tell them till you are ready. Hope things work out for you.

oliveoil423
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 2:08 PM
2 moms liked this
Your doing the right thing. I only had my parents to be with cause that was all i had i didnt have my daughters bio dad tto come up cause he didnt care. And i had her late at night for no visiters. Ill be doing the samething first day with the baby and my daughter and husband be there so my daughter can get to know her lil sibling.

Good luck and congrate to you and your husband
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 18, 2014 at 2:08 PM
31 moms liked this

They are family.  What is the harm in having them see you in the hospital?  Do you have any other children? 

There is a ton of "downtime" at the hospital, depending on how long you are there anyway.  Try to see it from their point of view .  How does DH feel about this?  Mine would have told me to fly a kite if I set these strict rules after the births of our babies.  My MIL stayed a week with us at home to help out and it was a Godsend!

I am not bashing you, BTW. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN