Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ROACHES!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 70 Replies
We have roaches everywhere! We have bombed, done boric acid, bait traps, gel, sprayed, even hired a professional. The professional said it's because they have been here so long and have nested into the walls. We have lived here a year, and I can't stand them!!!! We keep a clean house, Absolutely no dirty dishes on the sink and I sweep and mop before bed almost every night and I'm clueless what else to do because we can't afford to move again and the landlord won't pay for anymore poison or cover costs of us moving to a different house.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2014 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WillsMOM72
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 12:24 AM
No idea, sorry I'm no help.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2014 at 12:25 AM

Omg. I hate roaches. Eeeeeekkkk!

I'm sorry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2014 at 12:26 AM

just have the professional keep spraying.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 12:26 AM
Check your renters rights, I believe a pest free home is part of the deal and he may have to continue to pay to fix the problem

Are they they small German roaches or the huge flying mother fuckers? The German ones are super hard to eliminate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2014 at 12:26 AM
I honestly don't think there is any way to get rid of them. Roaches are annoying but strong mo'fos. All it takes is one female to lay her eggs and then BAM!
GamerMomma2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 12:27 AM

The Combat gel worked in the house we were renting. Nothing else worked. Not even an exterminator. Landlord should have thanked me for solving the problem. I'm glad I don't live there anymore.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2014 at 12:27 AM
That's $113 every time. We can't afford that.

Quoting Anonymous:

just have the professional keep spraying.

PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 12:27 AM

The professional has to treat the whole building not just your unit.   The landlord I believe is required to cover the costs, if he refuses call the board of health. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2014 at 12:27 AM
Sorry, I am no help. We do not have tons of them, but they're sure damned hard to get rid off
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2014 at 12:27 AM
Growing up we had the worst roach infestation you could imagine. Horrendous! When I was 16 and got a job I hired terminex to come out every 3 weeks for 6 months and FINALLY they were gone. Had to keep it clean every day. You couldn't imagine a worse problem than we had so when people say professional help does not work I don't believe them. They don't go away after 1 treatment. It is that or move basically.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)