Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You are less of a mother if you have to have a c section

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 83 Replies
That sounds crazy on paper, right?

I cannot deal with the fact that I had to have 2 medically necessary c-sections. I feel like I'm missing out on something :(. Like I wasn't enough of a mom to be able to birth my children, naturally. I mean, our bodies are designed to make babies and birth babies...and i can't even do that.

So my confession is: when I watch 16 and pregnant, or baby story I bawl. Because I wanted that experience, and I'll never have it
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2014 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoisonEyeV
I got a J.O.B! So excited.
Today at 5:47 AM
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Apr. 19, 2014 at 9:42 AM
3 moms liked this

It doesn't matter how you got them out of you...you incubated them...you made tiny little humans! Be happy.

Mazie0723
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 9:44 AM
Don't stress over something you can not change. Your babies are here and I am sure loved and thats all that matters. ♥
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Apr. 19, 2014 at 9:44 AM
3 moms liked this

I had a C-section and I just don't understand why women feel this way. My sons birth was the single most awesome, wondrous event in my life. I have no regrets.It wasnt something I had any control over but if I did i wouldnt change a thing.

you cant change it so why dwell on it? Sorry i don't have anything positive to add. I simply can not relate.

Photo: -Randi.

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 9:45 AM
3 moms liked this
Women who feel like you.do, are weird to me. I'm not less of a mother because I didn't push a kid out of my vag. In fact I'm a fucking awesome mother because I chose what was best for my babies.
leegirl_jm
by Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Hmmm...no such thing, you have woman who pushed their kids out and proceeded to abuse and even kill them. How you got them out has nothing to do with the kind of mother you are.

I understand your feelings though, I am sorry you didn't have the birth experience you wanted.

I had two scheduled c/sections.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
latsyrk
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 9:47 AM
Everyone wants the experience they didn't have. It doesn't matter how they get out. I puked the entire time I was in labor anyway... I barely even remember it.
Purgatorian
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 9:47 AM

I had one each way.  You're seriously not missing anything.  Concentrate on how attached you are to the baby, not how you got it.

avonleafan
by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Agreed. I had to have three.

Quoting brettsmomma:

I had a C-section and I just don't understand why women feel this way. My sons birth was the single most awesome, wondrous event in my life. I have no regrets.It wasnt something I had any control over but if I did i wouldnt change a thing.

you cant change it so why dwell on it? Sorry i don't have anything positive to add. I simply can not relate.

mandylin3
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 9:49 AM

I don't think it makes you any less of a woman.  Many women in the past have died because they have not been able to to birth naturally, my son would have died in the womb if the doctor hadn't performed a c-section.  Be proud that you carried a healthy baby, and, yes you delivered it, just by other means.  It's because of medical advances that you were able to deliver a healthy child so be proud.

honeyrder
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 9:49 AM

You would have been even less of a mother if your babies had died.

Quoting Anonymous: That sounds crazy on paper, right? I cannot deal with the fact that I had to have 2 medically necessary c-sections. I feel like I'm missing out on something :(. Like I wasn't enough of a mom to be able to birth my children, naturally. I mean, our bodies are designed to make babies and birth babies...and i can't even do that. So my confession is: when I watch 16 and pregnant, or baby story I bawl. Because I wanted that experience, and I'll never have it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)