Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it wrong to take things from a lost & found if they're going to bring it to goodwill anyhow?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 3:32 PM
  • 243 Replies

Poll

Question: Is it wrong to take something from lost & found if they're sending it all to goodwill?

Options:

Yes, it's wrong

No, it's not a big deal

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 747

View Results

I frequent a very busy yoga studio in my town, and every 2 weeks they bring whatever is in the lost & found to good will. Today, i saw a couple of shirts that were really awesome...no one claimed them, and they were about to get sent to good will or salvation army. I didn't think twice about it, and grabbed them but my husband tells me it's not right. Now i feel guilty...

I am not a thief, i hate thieves...but i guess in my head, i thought i was "saving" the shirts...lol...i don't want to do things that are not right, so your opinions are greatly appreciated :)

Thanks!

by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 3:34 PM

No it is fine

Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 3:34 PM

I think it's fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
handy0318
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 3:35 PM
15 moms liked this

I wouldn't worry about it.... but you could bag some of your unwanted things and donate it to them.... Or just send them a monetary donation. If you feel that badly that is...

DevonD83
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 3:35 PM

I think its ok

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 3:36 PM

I think it's fine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2014 at 3:37 PM

i know here at the store in my town- you have to put it out on the floor. other stores don't care.

shamillionaire
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 3:38 PM
2 moms liked this
Too funny!
samurai_chica
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks, i added a poll. I like the idea of bringing my old stuff to goodwill, I do it all the time anyhow, but maybe it would be a good idea to make an extra effort if i am taking things that were supposed to go to goodwill in the first place.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2014 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I got dss lunch box from lost and found. It was in there for months unclaimed and he had already gone through 2cheap lunch boxes. So i grabbed it, cleaned it up and put his name on it. Right wrong i dont care. I waited a few months for someone to claim it...they didnt so i did.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2014 at 3:39 PM
5 moms liked this
We let our employees go through the lost and found before it is donated. If they need something they can have it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)